• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Evo Review

Photo taken from the EVO.

IMAG0010.jpg

Video Taken From The EVO

Upvote 0
I just left SC and NC..

The NC Speeds are pale in comparison to other areas and coverage is lacking. Who ever did the original install should get their ass whopped.

The speeds are decent in a few areas I clocked about 5 up 1 down at the airport and a few areas around down town, but coverage was spotty..

I assume they have the old equipment there and probably have not gotten the software upgrades..

Don't get me wrong its decent but it should be a whole lot better..

Upvote 0
I just left SC and NC..

The NC Speeds are pale in comparison to other areas and coverage is lacking. Who ever did the original install should get their ass whopped.

The speeds are decent in a few areas I clocked about 5 up 1 down at the airport and a few areas around down town, but coverage was spotty..

I assume they have the old equipment there and probably have not gotten the software upgrades..

Don't get me wrong its decent but it should be a whole lot better..

Did you happen to be in Winston-Salem, NC? How were the speeds there?

Upvote 0
Did you happen to be in Winston-Salem, NC? How were the speeds there?

About 3 up and .8 down was the average.. its not bad. Just disappointed based on using it in other areas..

Seems like the concentrated the build out around the major cities, banking districts, office areas etc but the residential areas and highways are lacking.

Reactions: Fonseca
Upvote 0
@shadrap thanks for all the info you have posted about the EVO,can you tell me how the performance of the phone been with all the games and apps you have installed and how does it handle multitask.

Multitasking is great even with numerous apps open. The ROM's play better then any phone I have had. I also have Home Run Battle 3D installed. Works just as good as it does on the iPhone.

Upvote 0
A few things I haven't seen anywhere.
1. Does the WIFI hotspot function work in a 3G area/ 3GMode? Or does it have to be 4G Area/4G Mode?
2. Does it work on an Airave device? I live in an area that has vvirtually no service without it.
3. With Froyo coming fairly soon, doesn't that add WIFI capability to any 4G phone that has 2.2 installed? Thinking EPIC here with it's hard keyboard.

Upvote 0
I have played with the Incredible and it does have a great screen. The EVO screen is so massive and beautiful you will not notice anything else. It is

Thanks for the reply Shadrap. Just so I'm clear in understanding, the screen isn't just big, its also very vibrant colors, dark blacks, etc right? I'm basicly hoping that the phone screen has a lot going for it other then how big it is :) I never saw a working version of it's WinMo predecessor.

I currently have an iPhone 3G (not S) and I've always felt like the screen had washed out blacks and colors. Hoping the EVO is better.

Thanks again!

It's not as vibrant as an AMOLED or Super AMOLED screen, but unless you're actually trying to consciously notice it, it should be good enough for the average person viewing a movie or a video.

Sent using my HTC Evo 4G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones