my evo won't go into sleep mode, help!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Scott082

Scott082 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I just got an evo a couple weeks ago. I love the phone, but after I downloaded the OTA, it won't go into sleep mode. I've turn off all the syncing, tried task killers, tried stopping google talk, the calender, everything I have read in forums. I am thinking my only choice may be to root, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and if anyone actually got it fixed. I really don't want to risk bricking my phone if I don't have to... thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Did you set the display to turn off after like 1 minute? If you hit the power button up top does it go to sleep?

3. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

After the OTA mine doesn't sleep if I have WiFi enabled. Sucks pretty bad. Is there a way to reverse the OTA and re-install it?

4. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Just use the HTC power controls and push the button on and off for Wifi as needed.. ? IJust a work around for your Wifi screen on issue.

5. GripnRip

GripnRip Well-Known Member

I don't see this as a viable option. I roam at work and even on verizon get a poor signal (good enough to get calls though). But if i can get a faster data connection by using wifi i'm going to do that. There's got to be a work around.