• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My EvoVenture

orbitz781

Nov 21, 2009
So I'm a first time poster/long time Lurker on these forums, and I thought it should be the time I made my first post and this seems like the best moment :]

I work at Bestbuy and had to do my pre-order at Radio Shack (Long Story) but I've been eagerly awaiting the release and was surprised I was actually the first one at the store this morning.

The phone was awesome and I couldn't be any happier. I had my store install the invisible shield for me, I bought the Platinum case and I decided I would make my way to the mall to the sprint store to see if there were any holsters available.

Long story short...Sprint did not have any holsters I was interested in and when I had some time to actually take a look at my phone I noticed this bright white dot in the middle of the screen and was slightly concerned with the fact that there was something wrong with my phone. Ahaha what are the chances of my phone being defective and me noticing so quickly. I was trying to convince myself that it mustve been a bubble in the screen from the invisible shield..but no..

Radio Shack in the mall was very good about exchanging it for me and I am satisfied with the phone itself. I do notice it is so much faster than my hero was and its just an entirely different experience. I'm happy to have a working Evo in my hands now :]

On a side note...did anyone else have to wait a LONG time for their line to activate? I was there each time for an hour and a half. It was as if Sprints system was entirely bogged down because of all of us :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones