My experience with the Otterbox CommuterAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 31, 2010
    Got mine last night. Love the look. 2 things bug me though (sorry if these sound a bit anal.)-

1. The cover for the ports at the bottom. The attachment is a bit flimsy and since there are no little nubs to hold it in place when closed (it has a TINY lip that is supposed to do the job) it is a bit difficult to get to stay in place. With just a tiny touch it wants to come out at least on one side all the time.

2. The opening for the camera lens. It is not at all centered correctly. This may sound a bit anal, but since the bezel is chrome is it pretty noticeable. It wont affect picture taking but it is a bit annoying that Otterbox overlooked (or didn't care to fix) this little issue.

Overall it's a nice case, but I think they rushed it a bit. I wouldn't mind terribly if they made an improved version and offered exchanges. :) I wont be holding my breath on that one though.

PS- The screen protector is SUPER sensitive to any type of debris. (maybe they're all this way) I had a microscopic piece of dust that got under the cover and created a bubble so I tried to remove the protector with tweezers to get the dust out. The back side of the protector immediately attracted every airborne particle within a mile radius thus making it worthless and unusable. Probably my fault but oh well. Back to the sprint anti glare screen protector I suppose.

2. rdandy5875

rdandy5875 Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I agree it should have a better fit for the bottom port.

It's too bad, I still have a sprint hero Commuter case and the mini usb nub that one has fits super tight in the evo's micro usb port...

Maybe they will revise the silicon skin. If they did the bottom cover better, and on the top if they brought the silicone down all the way to the screen, like they do with the defender and impact, instead for running it along the top of the earpiece, it would be perfect in every way...

Still the best case imo.

edit: my camera hole isn't "perfectly" centered either, but it's pretty close..
  3. sigmaxaa

sigmaxaa Member

Sep 8, 2010
    My camera hole isn't centered either but that isn't a deal breaker on this case.

I do wish they added some additional plastic to the back, to hold the top of the silicone part better (near the power button). Just seems like this silicone part might end up curling up after repeated in/out of a pant pocket.

+1 on rdandy's comment. Love this case.