My Experiences With the IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jmacpga

jmacpga Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 30, 2009
    I read this forum multiple times a day but rarely post. To give you a little background....

20 mths ago I got a BB Curve and that was my first Smart Phone
    November 09 I go the Droid Eris as my first real smart phone
    The Incredible was purchased the day it came out.

I continue to get all the upgrades on the acct and my wife gets the old phone with the purchase of a Coach Purse for her :)

So far... I love the phone... It is everything I thought the Eris would be. The phone is sooo quick! When connected to Wifi it rivals my dell studio cpu in web browsing.

Battery Life - Better than the eris for sure. I am getting 8 hrs or so right now with HEAVY USE! I am doing something with it every 5 minutes. This is much better than the eris when I first got it. By then end of my time with the eris I was getting about 18 hrs out of the battery.

One item overlooked is the keyboard... this is much better than the eris... the small increase in the size of the characters makes all the difference in the world.

Here are some negatives that I am dealing with (In no specific order).

1. Apps are lacking... I thought android would have better apps out by now. What do you think the best apps created in 2010 are? Most the apps I have on the DI are apps I had on the Eris within the first week of purchase.

Apps On Phone (excluding the one's that came on it)
    -Mabilo Ringtones
    - NFL Mobile
    - Radar Now
    - Ringdroid
    - Shazam
    - Shop Savy
    - Skyfire (Never Use it)
    - The Weather Channel
    - Urbanspoon
    - Where
    - Yellowbook
    *** Am I missing any that I should have?

2. Duplicate contacts with all the syncs. With the Incredible going out and getting info from FB accounts and putting it in my Phone Book (People) I have a number of duplicate names... Just a little annoying but not a big deal

3. When I set a ringtone to a person the default ringer rings when they call

4. I am still missing the different profiles the BB Curve had...

*** I cant think of anything else that bothers me... really loving this phone.

2. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Spot on man. This phone is great, and I know what your saying about the apps on the android market. There needs to be more, but they will come.
  3. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    I like Note Everything. Since I am coming from a Palm, it has a familiar feel, and it easily imported the entire memo collection from my Palm.