• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Fascinate Boots but nothing starts-up

Rexxe

Lurker
Dec 30, 2010
I rooted my phone, installed ClockWork Recovery and attempted a backup which failed on reboot. I tried running the Fix File Permissions and it still failed. I did some reading and saw you have to use Odin before ClockWork can be installed. Anyway, instead I decided to just go back to the factory settings and selected Factory Reset. Now, the phone boots but Android keeps throwing up crashing errors, like "The application TwLauncher has stopped unexpectedly" and a bunch of others. The soft keys do nothing and I cannot get into any menus. How can I fix this? I didn't install any ROMs or anything.

Thanks for your help!

Z
I'm back in business! Many thanks! I only flashed the system file found on xda-dev site, since I didn't change the kernel and such....

Glad to hear your all squared away...,for the future though its good to read through all the info available or ask for some help before making any big mode or changes....so much is different phone to phone in android that its important to cover your bases. :)

Upvote 0
Z

Glad to hear your all squared away...,for the future though its good to read through all the info available or ask for some help before making any big mode or changes....so much is different phone to phone in android that its important to cover your bases. :)

Yeah, completely agree, and I don't know why I thought it would work right away from Rom Manager, but I must have read instructions for a different phone. I'll try again for sure when I have more time now that I know what to do. I wish Google would make it so Android is the same on every phone and the carriers couldn't touch it aside from adding their radio files. Maybe some day......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones