My first android day starts with a problem!

Last Updated:

1. petran_7

petran_7 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone! I just registered in your community and I am happy about that! :) :D

Today I got my first android phone. It is the Samsung Galaxy Spica.

I don' t know anything about android phones so I need someone to show the first steps and explain to me the specifications of this operating system. :eek:

I have a problem with my Wi-Fi. The phone finds my network, I give the password but it says "Connection failed". Can anyone help me?? :confused: :confused:

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Could be something as simple as the case of the letters, make sure you aren't typing in say all caps or all lower case depending on the pass code. Also check google as it could be a bug specific to your phone, good luck figuring it out!

petran_7 likes this.
  3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

also, check to make sure your WIFI is even turned on...

4. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

If your clicking on the right network (with a good signal) and typing in the right password it should work without any extra effort. First you should just restart your phone and retry. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to do, can you use the same WiFi network with other devices?

petran_7 likes this.
  5. petran_7

@MassacrMan I tried it with both capitals and lowers.. but no result

@TheSultan lol !! it is on (the phone finds the network but it can't connect)

@hood420 i did it correctly (with good signal). other devices connect to this router with no problem (a netbook, an iphone, an htc diamond)

6. Ind1

Ind1 Member

Turn off all other devices, turn off wifi, turn off phone (delete current settings), then turn on only wifi and your new phone. Reset wifi setting. Try it, it may do the trick

petran_7 likes this.
  7. peadar

peadar Well-Known Member

Some passwords are made up of BOTH UPPER and lowercase letters. Putting the password in all in caps or all in lowercase would not work in that situation. I would advise trying to connect with another device first and typing in the password manually to confirm it is correct.

petran_7 likes this.
  8. petran_7

Thank you all men! I fixed the problem! Thanks for your interest!