• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my first android phone experience

largecharge

Feb 4, 2010
i'm new to the community and new to to this android stuff. learning more each day which is good. wow what an upgrade the eve is from a motorola v3t ,lol. it was state of the art 3 yrs ago. one thing i have to get use to is the boot up time 1min+ on droid. advanced task killer app brought my memory usage from 34m to 110m. so i gather for battery power this can save hours. just one more thing i learned this evening. i do see they pop back in the task manager on there own on some. it's a fun toy to play with, passes the time on my breaks/lunch at work.

My first android too! Thanks for the tip about the task killer - will give that one a go, my battery is as flat as a pancake by early evening so anything to cut down on the activity would be great! I initially got the Samsung Jet, which was rubbish compared to this phone, I love it! Yeh, it has its quirks, but its nothing I can't live with! Looking forward to learning more about android - at the moment I'm having a whole ton of fun downloading apps from the market place for almost everything I could ever have imagined!!

Upvote 0
My first android too! Thanks for the tip about the task killer - will give that one a go, my battery is as flat as a pancake by early evening so anything to cut down on the activity would be great! I initially got the Samsung Jet, which was rubbish compared to this phone, I love it! Yeh, it has its quirks, but its nothing I can't live with! Looking forward to learning more about android - at the moment I'm having a whole ton of fun downloading apps from the market place for almost everything I could ever have imagined!!

hopefully more new android users will share their experience with this phone on this thread here.we can all learn from each other.i sent you a pm loustar, did you get it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones