1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

my first app just released - Android wifi sharing app

Last Updated:

1. xcxin

xcxin Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 12, 2010

I've just released my first free app, it's a wifi file sharing and management app. You can use my app to access SMB server, you can also use this app to turn your phone into a Web server or FTP server to share your files with others over the WIFI network.

It's also a file manger like astro or ES, you can use this app to manage your phone files, like copy/paste/delete/rename/search/zip/unzip, etc. Also support batch operation, for example, if you select more than one MP3s and choose batch play, it means you've created a customize playlist.

It also support directly play some type of media files stored in remote SMB server, it means you can play movies or musics which stored in host computer. No need to copy them to your phone first. And no need to run stream server like RTSP server in host computer, just SMB service, which has already shipped with all versions of Windows OS.

This app is now in early phrase and so I need your valuable feedbacks!

I know there're many bugs in my app, I'll work on fixing them, if you find anything that fault or gives you unexpected results, please let me know!

This software is a totally free app, my goal is that I want to build best file sharing and management app for Android.

thank you very much!

For more info, downloads and tutorials please checkout my website:

File Expert for Android – WIFI File Sharing, Management and More

2. Sigilist

Sigilist New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Don't know if you're still out there monitoring after more than a year... you need to add a "label" filed to connections created. It's not critical, but it certainly would be better for identifying connections when an IP address has to entered instead of an machine name.

It also needs to recognize USB drives attached to Android tablets. Those two things would put you in a better competitive position