• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My first 'droid - HTC Hero (Sprint)

cms719

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
Hello,

Back on October 2009, I was the content owner of a cellular phone that was just that, a phone. Nothing fancy, not even a text plan. I couldn't even tell you what make and model. The phone was "old", so I decided, or more correctly, was cajoled into checking out the new possibilities in the cellular / digital world, and specifically to find out what these things called data plans were all about.

I entered the Sprint Store (been with them for a decade, their plans serve my purpose and pocketbook), and it was like entering a new world. I played with several makes and models, but what hooked me onto my HTC Hero was the Google Sky Map application. To see the stars on a "phone" was simply the sweetest fascination. Like a kid in a candy store, I said it's mine and bought it on the spot. I also like the open source of a 'droid.

Now I'm the kind of person that likes new tech toys but gets annoyed at myself for spending so much time playing with them vs. doing "other" things. So, I learn their basic functionality, tinker with the more in-depth capabilities here and there but never seem to utilize the tool to it's fullest extent.

I joined this forum with the grand expectation I will be able to keep up on the wide world of 'droids. But more humbly, I would just like to learn some cool tricks for my HTC Hero, maintenance to keep in working well and maybe find a few new apps. to try that will fit my needs.

Peace and Enjoy!

Claire

Aloha,
I just read through some of the issues the 2.1 update is causing. I have no grand expectations on upgrades / updates - they are just a means to remove some of the old problems and insert new ones. I'll read some more about 2.1, ZenEXP rooting before deciding if I want to really go through with it.

Thanks for the helpful links and the welcome. It's a great start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones