• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My First Droid X Wallpaper [Rate, Evaluate, Tips]

Assess

• Yay

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

JQwerty91

Jul 22, 2010
Here's my attempt to make a wallpaper for the Droid X. I wanted to take it a simplistic approach knowing that the apps and widgets would crowd the screen. And I diddn't want the wallpaper to 'overpower the apps'. Please feel free to judge, wont take it personal ^^

jqwerty91-albums-test-picture1702-wallpaper-i-made-droid-x-8-1-2010.jpg

Looks good.

Not too plain but not overpowering. You got it.

If I had one little thing is I'd move the droid logo and mr green up a bit so that it won't get blocked by any icons at the bottom of the screen (e.g. if someone has Launcher pro for example)

Thank you. The guys in http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/126523-official-droid-x-wallpaper-day-whats-yours.html said that the wallpaper had to be 960x854 even though the Droid X's screen is 854x480.

Your droid screen is 480 x 854, so the wallpaper needs to be twice the width to allow you to scroll; so 960 x 854. :)

Reactions: JQwerty91
Upvote 0
Looks good.

Not too plain but not overpowering. You got it.

If I had one little thing is I'd move the droid logo and mr green up a bit so that it won't get blocked by any icons at the bottom of the screen (e.g. if someone has Launcher pro for example)

Your droid screen is 480 x 854, so the wallpaper needs to be twice the width to allow you to scroll; so 960 x 854. :)

Thank you! I'll get to work on it right now and fix the things. lol wish I had the Droid X now so I could test it w/ launcher pro xD

Upvote 0
Lol thanks for the heads up! Here's the wallpaper (I resized it using tinypic so it wont be too big on the screen)

212wztl.jpg

Meh. I say it is so so. I don't think you need the droid logo to be that big, and I would pull it off of the edges and bottom a little bit more. Also I would make the green of the droid icon a lot brighter so it pops off the background more. Perhaps shrink the droid words and icon and set it towards the bottom right of the wallpaper, then maybe put a tiny detail in the upper left that has the same green in it for the sake of balance.

Still, not bad for a first shot. I say 6/10.

Reactions: JQwerty91
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones