My first problem with the EVO, But ....

Last Updated:

1. Fixmy59bug

Fixmy59bug Active Member This Topic's Starter

I admit, I may have (partially) been the cause of one of the problems.

Lately I have been having problems with my EVO pulling my new emails from my personal Yahoo account and my work Outlook Exchange account. I have it set to pull every 15 minutes during peak hours of 8a - 8p.

I can let the phone go for 3 hours without getting any notification, so I will open my email app. It takes about 10 seconds to refresh, and suddenly it notifies me that I have 10 new emails.

Any clue what would cause this?

As for the problem I may have caused.

My alarm clock settings did not go off this morning. They are still active (green checks in the box), times and days are still correct and unchanged, and they worked yesterday.

Also, my weather was unable to figure out what my local forecast was. It told me "Location unavailable" or something like that. I did have GPS disabled (has been since I got the phone) to save battery life, but I activated it so the phone could reset it's bearings and the weather came back.

Yesterday, I opened ATK and killed everything including messaging, clock, weather, etc. Of course, ATK does not kill programs necessary for the phone to run.

Did I cause the weather and alarm problems? How do I get the alarm back?

And how do I get my email working again?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

a. check to make sure syncing is enabled. Dunno how it handles email but that will break other things if it is shut off.

b. gps can be disabled but make sure under the setting to allow it to use cellular network. Its the less accurate form of gps but good enough for determining weather.

c. does the alarm do anything? Have you seen it when it should have gone off? Because there is apparently a bug in 2.1 that allows the phone going into silent/vibrate to mute the alarm. You might have to go into the alarm and set its volume again.