My FIRST problem with the MTS and it was a PITA.Support

Last Updated:

1. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone stopped vibrating for incoming email/text messages. All the settings were right, no funky new apps installed. I uninstalled handcent and no fix, I did reboots, battery pulls etc etc. Uninstalled several other recently installed apps. Nada. Just stopped vibrating for the notifications. Regular Vibe was fine, haptic feedback fine. Dunno.

So I did a factory reset. Yay, It's fixed... but,,, wtf????? ALL my pics were gone from SD card. 700ish pics. No, wait, theres 8 left. 2 wallpapers, 2 downloads and 4 camera shots. ???????????????? I mean, seriously??????????

BTW Recuva is an AWESOME free pic recovery program, fast and user friendly, and, did i mention, free? Anyway, I digress. All my pics were deleted. Not music, not files, not anything else... oh wait, yeah, SOME videos are gone too.

I should also say that these pics were scattered over many many folders (I am NOT an organized person.

So, again, WTF?

Advertisement
  2. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

My phone wigged out yesterday, too, but with other functions. I had already had some trouble with it so I was really annoyed. Yesterday, swype stopped working. It would say load of US dictionary failed or something like that. I couldn't use that keyboard at all. Had to use dragon dictation and that failed on my about 50% of the time. Would only let me dial out selectively. Then the internet freaked and the screen started bouncing randomly and wouldn't stay stationary! Not to mention it tried all day to sync with tmobile even though the tmobile sync was turned OFF. I tried to hit the Cancel button but it ignored me!!! I took it back today and got a Samsung Vibrant.

3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Bu-bye

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I'm sure that new Samsung is bug free!

But on a serious note, I plug my phone into my computer about once a week and backup my SD card with just a simple copy and paste.

5. Madwolf27

Yeah, I know I should, I'm lazy :/ But what the heck, why would it delete just pictures and videos? It's NOT supposed to delete anything in a factory reset is it?

6. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

Its always a good idea to sync all your personal files to some programs.

Come on, lets face it, for every good tree, there are SOME bad apples.

I use the Photobucket app and every time I take a picture, it sends it to my photo album.

I haven't had ANY problems, and even if I did, I wouldn't go to samsung for help. (by buying a vibrant to fix my problems)

There might be some defective slides out there, but I would rather chance getting a defective slide than going to a defective manufacturer like samsung. :(

7. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

maybe you should have taken out your memory card when you did a factory reset.

8. Madwolf27

Yeah. I should have obviously. But still...