my g1 market isnt working/hasnt gotten the latest updatesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. haileejoe

haileejoe New Member This Topic's Starter

when i go onto my market it loads the home page but when i click on n app that i want all it does is refreshes the market home page.
    also, i havent gotten any updates for my phone since may of 2009 and it runs really slow.
    i want to factory reset it, but i dont want to risk deleteing all of my apps that i do have and then not be able to get them back if the market still continues to not work. Also i have really important messeges that i need to save, can someone please help me!:(

Advertisement
  2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

Searching Androlib gives some applications, which can backup and restore SMS. This is the easiest way, you can install the application after factory reset and import it:
    sms backup | Free | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games

You can also synchronize the phone with PandaSuite:
    PC Suite for Android - Software - PandaApp.com | manage your smart phone easily and safely!
    In this case contacts and mesages will be stored on your PC. Copy them to safe location (it's placed in some subfolder under "My Documents", or equivalent of this folder in Vista or 7), maybe they will be overwriten during synchronizing with the phone after hardreset. Then copy the files back and try to synchronize again (haven't checked it, but it should work).

Applications can be saved with APKoptic (but theare are more app savers). With market not working you have to ask someone do download this apps on his phone (some SMS backup app and APKoptic), backup them ang give the apk files to you.

3. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Well-Known Member

Also make sure your contacts are synchronized with Gmail. If not, you have to save contacts as well.
    As everyone (about 2 people) knows, I'm a nice guy and give you the needed apks (I made the backup on my phone using APKoptic). You just need allow installation from unknown sources in settings and install them from from filemanager).

Attached Files: