My G1 sends loads of text messages to 1987

Last Updated:

1. RayG1

RayG1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Today I got the bill from my telecom operator. It seems that my G1 sends loads of text messages to number 1987. This cost me over 150 dollar in November. Does anybody know what program causes this or whether the phone itself does this?

Ray.

Advertisement
  2. semach.the.monkey

semach.the.monkey Active Member

Sounds like its the flux capacitor that's playing up. Sending texts to other mobiles in the same time and space continuum as you would be included in your T-Mobile plan, but sending back to 22 years ago would not be included and obviously incur extra cost. Probably the best thing to do is delete Michael J Fox from your address book.

:D

STM

3. Babaki

Babaki Member

sounds like it could IM. since AIM and yahoo both use SMS to chat, if you are using these features this could be it.

4. Dont make me +5 you

Dont make me +5 you Active Member

I hope you didnt pay that $150. Send the bill to Biff. Im sure hes responsible, somehow. That damn Biff.
    Seriously...+1 for an IM feature doing it.

5. RayG1

RayG1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the IM tip, but I don't have any IM app running.
    On another forum somebody suggested it is the phone itself that's sending the text messages to T-Mobile to report data usage. Does anybody know whether that's correct? And how I can turn this off?

Ray.