My Galaxy keeps go to a black screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. davehries

davehries Active Member

Hi,

This morning I started my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and it booted up as usual. It went to the Home screen and placed the tablet down while I went to get my cup of tea. When I came back the tablet would not respond. The screen was black, but I could tell that there was power to the screen, but it was totally unresponsive. I then pressed volume up plus power and held them down for several seconds. Nothing happened. So, I did it again, but for a longer period of time. Still nothing. I then tried holding down the up volume plus the power button, but this time I pushed the volume button up and down about 15 times in rapid secession. It started up and booted to the unlock screen. Everything seem fine now. Is this a know issue? Is it best to return it now while I am still in my 14 day window?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

that's not normal. before returning, make sure you weren't the one doing it with task killer or bad app. otherwise, the same apps will do it to other tablet, too. i've heard holding power+volume down does the reboot. maybe that?