My Galaxy S overheats to 50 degree celciusSupport

1. theonlyone

theonlyone Member

Hi , I just bought a Galaxy S 4 days back then its was over heating like ****. So got it replaced then this one too is heating like this. When i play angry birds or go to internet using edge for just 10 mins my phone overheats from 40 to 46. When i put that to charge and then use it for downloading it went to blasting 50 degree Celsius. I am fed up of this its very very uncomfortable to hold. Can u suggest me something on this . Or is this very normal in all Galaxy S mobiles ? :confused::mad:

Advertisement
  2. justiyad

justiyad Well-Known Member

It is normal for these types of phones to overheat. You have 1GHz CPU and a large screen that consume a lot of power.
  3. theonlyone

theonlyone Member

@justiyad
    But really its annoying me i am not able to hold the phone when temp reaches 46 degrees C :mad:. Whats the max temp upto which u think its normal ?
  4. justiyad

I'm not sure what is the ideal temp but I've have my phone get warm when using it, especially when doing Navigation with the GPS, or playing a graphic intense games. It has been working great with no issues.
    theonlyone likes this.
  5. theonlyone

theonlyone Member

Well using cases to Galaxy S will that increase the overheating ?
  6. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

Mine only ever gets warm. Never uncomfortably hot to the touch. I dont think that sounds right.
  7. theonlyone

theonlyone Member

Oh but i got it replaced and the new one too having the same problem.Can you please check the temp you record when you feel your phone is hot. I think you can check temp by dialing *#0228#.
  8. justiyad

I just did a quick check on my phone. When the phone is idea and the screen has been off for a while the temp reads at about 27 degrees. When I use the phone for checking my email and just simple web surfing I see the temp jumps to around 35 degrees. So I guess if you are playing a game I would see the phone getting over 40 degrees easy. I will keep checking and tell you what I find.

I would suggest turning off the GPS and Bluetooth when not using them, and make sure your screen brightness is set to Auto so that it will use less power.
  9. mattuhh

mattuhh Well-Known Member

I just did a quick test for you. I tried charging the phone and playing a graphic intensive game for 5 minutes and my handset reached 48c, it's pretty normal for this to happen.
    theonlyone likes this.
  10. theonlyone

theonlyone Member

11. seepage

Starting temp 37'C
    everything on and charging. After 30 minutes of angry birds temp =47'C
    It does not feel hot though, just warm.
  12. justiyad

Last time I played AirAttach HD for about half an hour and the temp got to 50 degrees. So I guess it is normal to get to 50 degrees, the phone felt warm but not uncomfortable to hold.
  13. THE ANDROID

THE ANDROID Well-Known Member

Mine has passed 55 degrees a few times. Don't think much of it as it's a 1ghz CPU.
  14. dj7777

dj7777 New Member

Mine overheats too when the GPS is switched ON, looks like its a hidden feature of Samsung SGS, you can actually fry eggs on it :-D
  15. seepage

You would not be able to touch it if that was true