My Galaxy S Vibrant t959 is upgradable to Android 2.2?Support

1. kazumahits

kazumahits Active Member

My Galaxy S Vibrant t959 is upgradable to Android 2.2? and how?

i have
    Firmware
    2.1-update 1
    baseband
    t959UVJI6
    kernel
    build num
    ECLAIR.UVJI6

Advertisement
  2. Warlord5432100

Warlord5432100 New Member

That is the same problem I have, after I updated 2.2, the firmware said that it was 2.2. The next day when i was looking through the stuff, it switched back to 2.1. I have all the files and flash, which indicate that I have 2.2. But the flash wont work.

The above information is all the characteristics of 2.2. So I dont understand why it wont work. Additionally, samsung kies tells me that I have the newest software.

^^^^^If you haven't updated using samsung kies try it. If you have the t-mobile use this link:
    How Do I Update The Software On My T-Mobile SGH-t959 (Vibrant) Phone To JI6?.

At&t has a different link so just google it.
  3. psz

psz Well-Known Member

2.2 is not yet officially available for the Vibrant.

You can download one of the many 2.2 "Unofficial" releases, but you have to do so manually.

JI6 is not 2.2, it's just the latest 2.1
    chickusmc05 likes this.
  4. Warlord5432100

Warlord5432100 New Member

But how come I have the flash files? Also it was a samsung service person that told me it was 2.2.
  5. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

the us galaxy s aint getting froyo this year most likely i have a tw froyo a beta 5 its nice but i want the stock froyo but your samsung rep is mistaken if you had froyo your bottom build number would say froyo.jk2 or something to that effect your baseband would be jk2 so you dont have froyo
  6. Sc00ter

Sc00ter Active Member

I have :

Firmware
    baseband
    t959UVKB5
    kernel
    build num
    FROYO.UVKB5

Is there a newer version? Through miniKies there is no update.
    Tks
  7. kacol16

kacol16 Well-Known Member

nope. for now this is the newest official one