My Galaxy S4 got stolen.Support

1. niceperson

niceperson New Member

Hi,

My S4 was stolen at a concert a few days ago. The thief has removed the battery or sim card because I cannot reach the number.

1. Is it possible for me to track the location of my phone if it isn't connected to Wifi, doesn't have a sim card but the phone is powered on?

2. Also, if they are connected to a wifi network with the phone, can I locate/lock/erase it?

Please help, thank you.

Advertisement
  2. jcountryboy86

jcountryboy86 Active Member

Call your service provider and report it stolen they can lock the imei number
  3. jamjr74

jamjr74 Well-Known Member

Did u have device manager active on it?
  4. niceperson

niceperson New Member

Yes, I already did this and also filed a police report.
    But I don't have any kind of warranty or insurance on the phone..

So, if they hard reset my phone, remove my sim card, and connect to a wifi network will I be able to find its location?
  5. niceperson

niceperson New Member

I don't think I have device manager, I downloaded some apps and stuff but didn't really look at the security features.
  6. Ajay1919

Ajay1919 New Member

Device manager automatically pushed to all phones by Google.

Just try to reach it via Google device manager page.

If it don't work then u can push a security software from whereismydroid.com

Go there & try
  7. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

8. Boo Boo

Boo Boo Well-Known Member

call lost and found
  9. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Did you take public transit .the device may got ran over from subay , bus , or lightrail. And may even ben dropped on a elevator and turned into lost and found and the battery may have died causing the lost of communication . But try the other poster that posted about wheres my droid.com

Or call transit and concert thrower may have it and you thinking it was stolen. Who was the carrier
  10. m3incorp

m3incorp Well-Known Member

Are you sure it was stolen and not lost. That's been known to happen. If lost, and the phone was on, then eventually the battery will go dead. Did you happen to download "lookout" on to it. If you did, Look out will report to your email the last known location before the battery died.
  11. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

You still need to push the initial setup from the device manager online as it has to be activated to be allowed controlled remotely ...