My Galaxy S4 Only displays only ONE Net cell no neighbours?Support

Last Updated:

1. stu4art

stu4art New Member

[SIZE=-1]Hi forum. I've installed ''GSM signal monitoring'' app This app shows you the surrounding network, and I have noticed my Galaxy S4 is only showing ONE tower at my home its seeing an (EDGE) and no neighbouring cells!? My old Motorola can see neighbouring cells and even logs into a faster (HSDPA) which my S4 doesn't see let alone loging into IT? (same SIM card)
    Anybody else installed this app or similar and noticed this behaviour?
    Have I got a faulty device/antenna? At least I am always connected but,,,

Thanks for any feed back
    STUart
    [/SIZE]

Advertisement
  2. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

The problem is most likely with the app. These types of apps don't work the same on all devices. Try a different app and see what type of results you get. Or try to clear data/cache for the app and try again or uninstall/reinstall and try again.
  3. stu4art

stu4art New Member

good point shmn I'll give it a go. Still doesn't explain why the S4 isn't choosing the faster cell tower like the 'old' motorola does every time?
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I have tried it and it does the same on mine.
  5. stu4art

stu4art New Member

thanks for feed back lotus49, I found an app that is showing neighbouring cells. Still wondering why the S4 won't log into the cell that the 'old' Motorola logs into? Antenna is prob. not as good? Only way to really tell would be to have 2 S4 side by side :)
  6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Out of interest, which one worked for you?
  7. stu4art

stu4art New Member

Lotus49 an app called OpenSignal. (it is giving me a list in the city where I work) I think the S4 has an inferior antenna to my 'old Motorola' as it can only pick out this one cell in the countryside. Or is it so wanted by the Samsung firmware - not rooted?