My galaxy tab 2 10.1 randomly stopped working, I need some help?! please, ASAPSupport

1. peepsmeeps8

peepsmeeps8 New Member

I was taking notes off of it when the screen just went dark, as if I hit the power button but I didn't. Its been an hour and I still haven't gotten it to reboot. I have tried all sorts of power button tips, volume and power,etc. I am really freaking out. It is only a month and a few weeks old. I charged it up last night. The only case I have for it is a sleeve. It also has a screen protector on it. I have never dropped, only treated it with care. I really need it to work asap because I need it for my next class.

Advertisement
  2. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Sorry for your problem. Have you tried plugging in the charger to see if that works?
  3. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

Plug the tab into the charger and after a few seconds the charging icon should appear on screen to show you the battery level, if any.

If it does not show you anything, remove the charger cable, and hold down the power button for about ten seconds, this, with a bit of luck, might reboot the tablet.

If that does not work then check to see if your Tablet will go into download mode, to do this, hold the power up button and the power button until the Download mode screen appears.

If this works then at least you will have the chance to restore your tab using 'Odin' and the appropriate system softare for your region and tab version.

If the Tablet wont boot into download mode there is a chance that your tab is goosed, and if so, then it's back to the retailer, especially seeing as its only about 8 weeks old.

Hope this helps.
    Chila0776 likes this.
  4. kandroids2

kandroids2 New Member

I resolved my problem with the response to this thread. Thanks I will use all websites.
  5. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

That is brilliant.

Glad you got it sorted :)
  6. BBMohr48

BBMohr48 New Member

My Tab did the same about an hour ago. Is the power up button the volume up button?
  7. rockindev4u

rockindev4u New Member

My galaxy tab 2 stopped working and after reading the threads from you I have found the solution to it. Can I know is it a common problem with Anroid or with Galaxy tab 2?
  8. mitchigirl14

mitchigirl14 New Member

i just encountered the same problem and i started to panic too.. i searched and saw this and it was of great help.. my samsung galaxy tab 2 is just 15 weeks old.. thanks much!
  9. mmuetzel

mmuetzel New Member

this suggestion sounds too easy, but it worked. thank you.
  10. jagagaga

jagagaga New Member

This solution totally worked...too easy but I was too dumb to figure it out.
    Thanks Dude! Now my 13 year old will stop whining tomorrow morning when he wakes up.

11. tmars71

tmars71 New Member

Just wanted to say thank you because my galaxy tablet 2.0 just stopped working and your up/down turn worked - again BIG THANKS!!!! :D
  12. webwarrior

webwarrior New Member

For me the download mode option worked, but it took a while to kick in.

Life saver! Thx so much!