My gf evo turns off randomly... Any advice?Support

Last Updated:

1. biggie0739

biggie0739 Member This Topic's Starter

Me and my GD got the evo about a montha ago and hers started randomly shutting off at different times. I've reviewed alot of people's other post and realize that maybe it is from the phone overheating? This is just an idea but I would like to know if anyone has a solution to this problem.EVO

Advertisement
  2. CzarMatt

CzarMatt Well-Known Member

Overheating can definitely be an issue. If you suspect this to be the cause I would try popping the battery cover off and gauging how hot the phone seems to be after some normal use. Try keeping it in a cool environment and seeing if problems persist.

You said your phone is about a month old - I would simply take it into Sprint and have them replace it. Sounds like it could be defective but hard to say if it is stemming from a hardware or software failure.

3. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Mine did that frequently when I first got it, I was within the 30 days, I was going to take it back, when I dicovered.....the back was not on securely nor was the battery. After I snapped the battery and back plate on securly it never happened again. I had/have a great case for it, but if the guts werent' put in correclty, then the case wasnt helping things much :)

May not be your answer but worth checking.

4. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

My phone was doing that about a month ago. I actually started a thread on this. But make sure her phone is updated. MENU,SETTINGS,SYSTEM UPDATE, AND HTC SOFTWARE UPDATE. Once I took the last update that was put out, my has not randomly recent. I don't know if that fix the problem. But I have noticed that it has stopped.

5. biggie0739

biggie0739 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you guys I really appreciate all your help I will try the ideas and if nothing works ima have to return it. GO ANDRIOD. EF IPHONES