My Ghost Armor Phantom Skin kit is here!!Accessories

Last Updated:

1. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I came home to a nice surprise. My pre-ordered kit came in today (before my Evo, hooray!). Pretty excited that I can put it on as soon as I get my Evo.

Here's a couple pics:
    Opened the box

[​IMG]

Pulled everything out

[​IMG]

And the money shot:
    [​IMG]

Thoughts:
    It's not tacky like my brother's Zagg is. The Ghost Armor is much easier to slide your finger/s across. I'm happy that the solution and squeegee are included. I've heard that some kits ask you to mix your own solution (with mixed results), and use a credit card to apply. This feels more professional.

The part I like best though is that I can run my finger across it and it doesn't show fingerprints. The Evo has been described as a fingerprint magnet, so even if you aren't interested in the protection this provides, not having fingerprints all over your screen should be reason enough for you to pick one up.

I, of course, don't have my phone yet, so I can't comment on fit or anything else. I'm sure that it'll be great.

Advertisement
    echoota and kwaping like this.
  2. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

sweet! but the pictures are huge! LOL

3. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

do they have just a screen protector?

Covert_Death likes this.
  4. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

btw is it matte?

5. ibleedbloo

ibleedbloo Well-Known Member

They do, the if you order now they give you the entire kit for the price of the face...$15.

6. Geniuz650

Geniuz650 Well-Known Member

I think the picture sizes are perfect lol.

7. timlot1

timlot1 Active Member

Looks like a nice kit. But, after spending way too much time in a steamy bathroom trying to get dust and bubbles from under them, I'm pretty much through with applying screen/device protectors on my phones.

8. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

Um, Ghost Armor and Phantom Skinz = two different companies, no?

9. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

whats your past experiences with these? any bubbles??? easy install??? no cover for camera? :/

10. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

hmm. still cant decide if a screen protector is worth it. i never have used one, and i will be treating my evo like it is a gold brick.

11. ibleedbloo

I have used Ghost Armor products on my last few phones (Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Mogul) and have really liked the results. Their customer service is very good and I have seen improvement in their operation each time I've dealt with them. I actually was given a 50% off code for Zagg and used it and have their EVO Invisible Shield sitting on my desk. I haven't used it yet (obviously), but feeling and looking at the Zagg product I think I like the Ghost Armor better.

The one and only problem I ever had is these things are not always a piece of cake to install. The Zagg product I have is their "easy install" and its only 3 pieces, while the Ghost Armor cover is 7 (at least that's what I see in the pics above). However, the extra time it takes to install is really worth it when done right.

I think writing this little recommendation of Ghost Armor has convinced me to eat the $15 I spent on the Invisible Shield and go with a product I know and like...I'm coming back Ghost Armor (anyone have any discount codes?).

12. legacy

Nope. I ordered glossy since every matte screen I've seen takes away from the crispness of the screen.

13. legacy

You're absolutely right. Fixed my post and thread title.

14. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

CODE: 20081407 (gives you 10% off) have my screen open and thinking about purchasing! WILL A CASE STILL FIT OVER THIS ARMOR???

kwaping and Covert_Death like this.
  15. legacy

Biggest advantage for me was the fingerprint resistance.

16. ibleedbloo

I'd imagine that it would depend on the case, but these screen covers add virtually no size or bulk. I would guess that the bulk added to the screen would be similar to the thickness of a zip-lock freezer bag.

rjjr2531 likes this.
  17. legacy

I have a 26", 1920 x 1200 monitor, and they looked just right. Sorry. I wanted to show detail of where all the cutouts were on the protective pieces.

18. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

any case should fit just fine, it's papery thin so shouldn't be any worries.

i am making my purchase right now, the thing that sold me was you saying it doesn't drag like the Zagg skins doo... i HATE that, i need a slidey one

19. ibleedbloo

One thing I would like to warn everyone about, when you install your Ghost Armor it will probably look cloudy and you will be really pissed with yourself for screwing it up (at least I was). Have no fear, let it sit for a few hours...maybe over night and it clears up really nice.

20. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Their customer service is HORRIBLE! I sent an email for an update on my order status because my order doesn't show in my account at all. Still haven't heard back. Sent another email today with my order number. I've already been charged, but I have no clue if they lost my order or not.

21. ibleedbloo

That has not been my experience. I emailed one day about a replacement cover next day it was in the mail.

22. hopalee

hopalee Well-Known Member

+1 I e-mailed them because every time I tried to log in, I got an error. So I e-mailed them and the guy was like, our website sucks, just keep trying and resetting your password. WTF? I also asked him about my order and he said that they weren't shipping until after the phone came out. He didn't even know the date....I had to tell him. Did it come USPS? I still can't log in to my damn account, so I don't know if I should be expecting UPS, FedEx, or if I should check the mailbox.

23. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

only option for shipping was USPS...

check your email you used to sign up you should have gotten a verification, if you didn't then the purchase didn't go through, but if you did then click on the link it provides and it will automatically take you to your order

24. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Looks great! I find it interesting that they have a few of the "ends" cut separately.

25. legacy

They were very responsive to my questions, and I had a lot of them. Also patient with my complaints (I was unhappy that they weren't shipping these until the release of the phone, which meant my new baby was going to be unprotected.).

I ordered the Phantom Skinz screen protector as well. Will post a review once I get the Phantom Skinz one (and the phone).