My Girlfriend/Boyfriend Thinks...

Last Updated:

1. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm more into my Droid X than her/him :)

Has anybody else noticed this so-called side effect that comes with owning a Droid X. The other day we were at a little get together and one of my friends whipped out his iPhone4.....

Well i assume you all know what went down after that lol

Long story short I proceeded to owning him in every element accept for his nifty little "replica" display. Then he and I started surfing the web and busting out 3D games and taking pictures and then the Mrs. called me a nerd :(

Advertisement
  2. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

This is what my wife said when i showed her my X " That's a big phone, what is this 1985" btw she owns an LG Ally and loves it.

3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

The gf has an X because she really started liking it when i was researching it. We went in to get hers thursday and they were not going to honor it since it wasn't a new contract. Thanks to my research and smooth talking, she walked away with one thursday instead of saturday as the store originally wanted. She has bragged to her friends and keeps saying how glad she is that I have that side now lol unfortunately though hers keeps turning off randomly so she has to get a replacement

4. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

'Chicks dig the big phones'

5. rolandct

rolandct Member

That's why I tell my wife that when I get a new gadget expect me to be preoccupied for about a week. Though it is funny of all the smart phone I owned this is the first time I have heard "I want one!".

6. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

I gave my Droid to my wife when I got the X. She didn't put it down for 3 days after I activated it on her line. I call that vindication for all of the crap that she gave me for my Crackberry and Droid addictions.

7. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Pshhh, the tables have turned.

I remember when my gf purchased her iPhone a few months back and was absolutely more smitten with it than me. She would seriously ignore me as she browsed through apps, played games, and wrote emails.

But oh my fellow Droid fans...how the tables have turned. She actually attempted to snatch my X from my hands several times this weekend. She's obsessed with the Google Goggles app :)

8. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member

My wife thinks that the phone is too big and that I spend too much time on it. I'm like, wifey, it's big because it can be. It has to be. It's meant to be. It's the X. Heh. She rolls her eyes and leaves me to enjoy my new device.

Fast forward to when we're lost on the freeway, and all of a sudden Droid X isn't so bad... of course it isn't. :p <smirk>

Now she can't get enough of Youtube videos on the go and draining the $%@! out of my battery when we're in the car! Good thing I have a car charger.

She has a Blackberry Curve 8330, by the way. You can't do anything on that phone but email, text, and make calls. You could play some music, but forget serious video or intense gadget stuff (Google Earth, Google Goggles, Shopping apps, etc.)

Love my second brain! :D
    -Elo

9. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

My g/f calls it my iPad. I might have to throw it at her if she says it again..... it is a large screen though. :D

10. wintersg3

wintersg3 Well-Known Member

My wife has a Crackberry and is soooo jealous of my DINC, she's not due for an upgrade for another 3 months and doesn't want an X.

11. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

I converted my boyfriend over to Android, so now he understands.

I did once tell him that I loved the phone more than I loved him, but that was when he kept grabbing it to use it! Ha! :D

12. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a comic strip I saw. The strip refers to the iPhone but I think the point is the same:

[​IMG]

13. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO - that comic is awesome!

No bf to have their attention taken away from me. Then again whenever the exes bought a new video game or got obsessed with something else I'd always tease them. Only to be teased in return when I got obsessed with something I liked.

My mom was pretty peeved when I first brought home my Spica (I live with them) and she called me for supper (I do love her! Not just because she cooks for me...I swear) and I told her I'd be there in a minute. Was busy setting something up on my phone and checking out something. LOL

Of course now she has a Crackberry so....tables have been turned!

14. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Im sure my partner thinks that...ive been constantly playing with my X10 :p. No not an X but, Android :p, power :D lol. She now has a Desire. She doesnt fiddle with it as much but, mainly because she feels guilty spending the money on it cuz it was sim free and not a contract. Idc as long as she's happy. Means I can use 2.1 as well lol :p. She doesnt like my X10 though :(. And teases me about what it can/cant do....ok mainly just that it has Android 1.6. But yes, I've been accused of ignoring her while fiddling with apps/settings etc.

15. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I'm picking the wife up an x because she keeps running out of space an the Eris. She understands the addiction now. I'm keeping my Dinc though easier to 1 hand so the other is free to hold the beer.

16. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

To paraphrase Gen Tommy Franks: And when you face one of the Apple fanboys, shake his hand and look him in the eye and then wink at his girlfriend because she knows she's dating a p---y.

17. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

No DX here but the fiance and I both have Droids. I'm still obsessed with it even after getting it soon after launch day. Playing with new ROMs and themes (sorry poor X owners...) everyday seems to get in the way of our "us" time! But, she still has the same damn wallpaper on it since day 1 and has probably downloaded like 2 apps. And, still won't let me root the thing!

18. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Yup. Pissing contest, as usual. :rolleyes:

19. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ive had my phone attempted to be ripped out of my hands a few times as well all because her phone has a 2 mp camera and wellll the Droid x.......you know

20. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member

You must know me, lol.:eek: