My GN Desktop Sync, Phone & Battery ChargerTips

1. gapi

gapi VIP Member VIP Member

Paid $21.99 w/free shipping on eBay to "puterhub" Hong Kong China on 1/18/2012 and received it on 1/25/2012.

I did a fast check and it charged it 9% in 20 minutes while I was moving files to and from the PC to the GN.
    The Wall charger says it puts out 5V@1.0A.

The blue light is pretty darned bright but is in the back. I bet it puts a blue tint on my white roof in the dark. :)
    The pictured red light is OK and turns green when the spare battery is full.

It indeed does charge both the phone and the spare battery at the same time and syncs' or say, allows you to do the usual in the phones Internal Storage. I don't sync per-say.

The phone can kinda wobble a tad right and left but who bangs on their desk?
    EDIT: I put 2 tiny strips of the soft side of velcro on the bottom and on one side. Now I can finger the screen with no wobble.

The USB fit is firm enough that you can pick the whole thing up by the phone. It is by no means too tight. Just right.
    No drivers were prompted to load.

Now if it will only last eh?

[​IMG]Here is the eBay link, you know how eBay links come and go so... Tell him 10101bud sent you. He has 92 available as of today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

i have no need for this but i thanked you none the less for the info.. i am looking for THIS in the US.
    gapi likes this.
  3. gapi

Yeh. I need the charging stuff. And don't do HDMI.
  4. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

ya i figured but it was nice of you to put so much effort in.. so i hit u with a thanks... good job!
  5. NexusTootsie

NexusTootsie Well-Known Member

I don't see why it isn't already here. Like the cases and all the other goodstuff, finding accessories for the GN is a pita. Especially the first few weeks...jeeze louise.
  6. gapi

This all in one was no where to be found for the LTE GN and I found the GSM version on eBay and contacted the seller a month or so ago and he said he would get back with me when they came in and he did.

Also a reminder the 2100mAh extended battery is still $24.99 @ Verizon online.
  7. kylecummins

kylecummins Well-Known Member

Been thinking about this for my GSM, wonder if/when there will be an OEM variant?
  8. gapi

Thanks, I'm a photographer with a little proficiency in Photoshop. I got about 15 minutes in it tops.:)
  9. gapi

Yes, for about triple the cost. :mad:
  10. kylecummins

Its been confirmed? Any sites have preorder up or an estimated ship date.
  11. quiklives

quiklives Well-Known Member

I really want a landscape charging dock, alas...but this looks good, you've almost talked me into digging around to find my old ebay account. Thanks for the info and pics!

*This is why I enjoy this forum so much. Because it's NOT just all people complaining or troubleshooting, it's people sharing stuff like this and offering help.
    kylecummins likes this.
  12. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Exactly what I'm looking for GAPI. Not a bad price either. I already bought the extended battery, and of course, I have the standard battery that came with the phone. I remember a charger only version being available at one time on VZW. I'll have to look again.
  13. gapi

Thanks,

I gots to tell ya, if you put it on your night stand get ready for a blue ball room experience. That blue light in the dark is something. It makes a hell of a night light. Not a problem to cover it but man! I'm trhinking a few coats of permanent magic marker :)
  14. NexusTootsie

Tell him 10101bud sent you.

Thanks a million for that link. I just picked one up but there was no place to tell the seller you sent me. If he sends an email confirming, I'll let him know.

Again, thanks. This is great. :)
  15. gapi

If you paid pay-pal it would go in the special instructions. But its easy to miss if your not looking for it..
  16. NexusTootsie

I sent an email. For some reason the pp portal I used did not offer a message option.
  17. gapi

OK, No prob,

I heard from him yesterday when ordering one for a friend. Its their new years over there so shipping will be a few behind. He offered to fully refund and I opted to wait.
  18. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Well-Known Member

Anyway this could be connected to a car charger ?
  19. ThEoRy36O

ThEoRy36O Well-Known Member

Can I fit my phone in with the extended battery and diztronic rev 3 or other similarly slim case on as well?
  20. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

I would also like to know this, I ve got Diztronic Rev 3 too :)

21. maquina

maquina Well-Known Member

I ordered one. I hope it works out well. It looks like the delivery is going to take a while, but I'm tired of charging both of my batteries on my phone and having it tied up for 3-4 hours.
  22. kylecummins

Has anyone with a GSM GNEX picked up one of these?

I have (2) standard oem gsm batterys and would like a either a dock + spare battery charger or just a battery charger that will charge these batterys..

Anyone with anything that works?
  23. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. :) I bought one, and it just shipped. I would love a landscape dock, but this will at least hold me over- and I'm not sure I want to pay a ton of money for a landscape dock if that's what it comes to anyway.