• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Google contact pictures don't display in the Gmail app

phil35

Dec 22, 2010
As the title says really, in the 'People' app on my phone, and in my Google contacts on my laptop (even Gmail when I access my mail on a computer) all show my contacts to have the synced contact display pictures that I have set. This is all good and fine.

However, in the Gmail app (most up to date version, Android 2.2, not rooted) on my phone, when I look at a mail from one of my contacts, or even an email reply from myself, the contact box at the top of the mail, instead of showing the contact picture, shows the grey box with a little Android in (the default box for contacts without pictures).

I know its not that big a deal, but things like this really bug me. If anyone had any ideas as to why this is happening that would be greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones