My Hero doesn't connect to Google account

Last Updated:

1. lluisanunez

lluisanunez Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    My Hero connects to the Internet, I can browse and download email from my google account, via wifi or mobile network. But when I try to go to the market, google talk or to sync my google calendar, it asks me for my google account. I enter username and password and I get the message:
    "Your phone is communicating with Google servers and setting up your account. This may take up to five minutes."
    And after 1 or 2 minutes, it says
    "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care"
    I nave called my operator and they say everything is OK with the SIM card and the service
    Any idea?

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Maybe try setting up the account again...Instructions below if you dont know how:

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, and tap the Google Apps entry. Then tap 'Clear data', and tap 'OK' to confirm. This will delete your existing Google account details. To enter your account details again go to Settings > Data synchronization > Google and you'll be prompted with the set up dialogue. Enter your account details and you're done.

Hope this helps :)

3. lluisanunez

lluisanunez Member This Topic's Starter

It does!
    Thanks a lot!

4. Yard Dog

Yard Dog Member

Hmmm....why won't this work for me ? :(

5. lisac429

lisac429 New Member

Thanks for the tip on how to reset the email addres when launching Market widget. Worked for me but did lose my people; this could not be helped as my account not able to be validated.