My hero is lagging, but my wife's isn't

Last Updated:

1. superedge88

superedge88 New Member This Topic's Starter

So I was told by a Sprint rep that if the phone memory gets below about 80 MB then the phone will start to lag. Well I can't seem to delete enough stuff to get back above 80 MB available memory, I deleted pics, texts messages and various apps that I would have liked to keep. I started playing with my wife's phone which has more apps then mine, I checked her available phone memory and she has 102 MB!!! I can't figure out what I could have on my phone memory that would be taking up over 20 MB of space. Where can I look to try and figure this out? My wife's phone is very zippy and quick, while my phone waits forever when switching apps.
    Also, How do I transfer pics I have taken on my phone to the SD card instead of using phone memory?

Advertisement
  2. tailsthecat

tailsthecat Well-Known Member

Im brand new to android and my htc hero. How did you check available memory? The only way i was able to check was through a task cleaner or killer. Do you use a task killer of sorts? if so, which one? I would love to help you...and myself...to keep our phones running swiftly

3. Dark Guitar Lord

Dark Guitar Lord Well-Known Member

Thats crazy. My Hero must be loaded with useless stuff cause when I use Task Killer, after it kills the apps, I only have around 60-70 MB available or free. What gives???

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Clear your browser cache, cookies, etc. I just tested and went from 61MB to 75 MB.

5. shawheim_a

shawheim_a Well-Known Member

from the home screen press menu, then settings, then applications, then manage applications. from there a list will load of all the applications on your phone. wait for the list to load, then press menu again and select sort by size. now each program you choose will bring up a list that shows storage, cache, memory etc. choose clear cache then press back. go through the list of apps and try to clear as much of the cache from the applications as you can. this helps out a lot. whatever you do DO NOT CLEAR THE DATA.

6. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

You should also read this thread.

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Yea, if you're talking about the available memory shown when using a task killer, that really means nothing. Almost everyone coming to an Android phone has a Windows mentality. It took me awhile to convert, but I'm used to the Linux way of things now. That thread posted above me more or less explains things. Just read it through. Also, especially with these Android phones, Sprint tech people seem To be espcially clueless. Whatever problems you have, consult us first before you run int a store, because they're most likely going to feed you a line of crap.