My Hero just did a Hard Reset, ON IT'S OWN!

Last Updated:

1. RollBravesRoll

RollBravesRoll Active Member This Topic's Starter

WTF is going on, here? My phone died last night, so I stuck it on the charger & went to sleep. About an hour ago, I went & took it off the charger, then powered it up. A few minutes later, the phone rang, so I answered it & talked for 10 or 15 minutes. When I turned it off, it was at the screen I saw immediately after I upgraded to 2.1. Essentially, I had to go through the exact same process I did when I first bought the phone, or the same process I had to go through right after I upgraded. Now I've gotta redownload all my apps again, set up all my widgets to the best way I had finally found, relative to my horrible new battery life I'm experiencing. Total frustration.

Has anybody else had this happen to them of late? I'm assuming that once the phone powered up it was already been reset but I had stuck it in my pocked & didn't realize. It must have left that screen when the phone rang & gone back to it after I hung up.

I really hope they've figured this mess out with the Evo. I was thinking of giving my wife my Hero & using her upgrade to get the Evo for myself, because I really love the idea behind Andro, but I NEED the battery life, non lagginess, & the way the phone consistently works, that you get with a Blackberry. Now that I've upgraded to 2.1, I don't even know if I can give it to my wife because she's never going to remember to do all the things I consistently do to make sure the phone doesn't die in 3 hours.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

People have reported that when their phone dies (with both 1.5 and 2.1) that there phone does a hard reset. I have tried to recreate this with no luck.

Easy answer, don't let the battery die. Hard answer, convince Sprint to replace it due to faulty hardware.