• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Hero wont connect to my 2012 Civic

I have had my HTC Hero for a few years now, and I finally bought a car with bluetooth, I am able to pair my phone with my car but not connect it. I have been able to connect a blackberry bold and an Iphone4g to the bluetooth system no problem but the hero will only pair but not connect. I know the hero uses bluetooth 2.0 and I'm pretty sure the other two phones use 2.1 Has anyone had this issue and is there a way around it? Right now it looks like the only way around it is to upgrade my phone. Any comments/advice will be appreciated!!

Thread moved to the troubleshooting section. Is your Sprint HTC Hero fully updated with the latest OTA updates from Sprint?

I think one of those OTA updates fixed some of the Bluetooth connectivity issues. If not, you may want to look into rooting your handset and flashing a custom ROM, because I have had zero issues with using my mine with a Bluetooth connection in a car.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones