• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Hero's vibrations are TOO powerful and loud. Anyway to soften the vibration?

dvdqnoc

Android Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2009
I swear, sometimes I feel like my phone's vibration is louder than its ringer. When I'm in class or something, I am afraid to leave it on vibrate because its vibrations are very loud. Same thing as in the library.

Anyway to soften the vibration?

Heh, trade phones? j/k.

I've found that I've been disabling vibrate because I rarely notice it, it's not quite vibrat-ey enough for my tastes. I do agree that it's loud, however, more often than not I hear it rather than feel it.

Unfortunately there aren't any controls for vibration intensity. Some apps let you change the vibrate 'mode', either long pulses, several short pulses, or a combination, but it always seems to vibrate at the same intensity, which won't help the noise issue.

I'm kind of thinking the noise is being caused by the backplate bouncing, so maybe you can 'mod' it by adding in some kind of shock-absorbent material between the battery and the backplate, but it'd have to be pretty thin.

Upvote 0
Definitely not the backplate causing the noise, it's something internal. The.. for lack of a better word.. vibrator appears to be housed right between the menu and home buttons. Since that faceplate is kind of a big button cover, I think it's causing the noise where it's attached to the phone.

Not much to be done about that without breaking the faceplate and/or voiding your warranty.

Upvote 0
I don't notice that the vibration noise is any louder than my old SCP8400, but I do wish the vibration itself was much stronger.

When the phone is in my pocket, I can't feel it at all and even with the ringer volume turned all the way up, most times I can't hear it either.

I wonder if increasing the intensity can be done in software, allowing for an app or official update to address the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones