My home sensor is not as responsive as my back sensorGeneral

Last Updated:

1. wiscmike

wiscmike Member This Topic's Starter

My home icon is way less responsive than the back icon which seems to be perfectly normal. Sometimes I have to "press" the home icon twice to get the "buzz" and have it move the screen. However the back icon works 99% of the time on the first press. IS there any adjustment I can make or should I bring the phone back. I have had it now for 2 weeks. Thank you in advance, Mike

Advertisement
  2. joetarin

joetarin Well-Known Member

No adjustment I know of. You can try to do a touch screen calibration. Not sure if that'll help.

Menu>settings>locale and text>touch input>text input>calibration tool.

3. wiscmike

Isn't the calibration just for the proximity of the numbers and letters on the key pad and has nothing to do with the sensitivity of the home,menu,back, and search icons? I do not know I am new to this but trying to read as much as I can since there is only a 30 day return on this unit from Verizon. After that I do not want to have to send it back to HTC and wait 2-3 weeks for a refurbished unit.

4. joetarin

joetarin Well-Known Member

Yea seems like it..it was a longshot..

5. wiscmike

Can the dry skin and calluses on your fingers make a difference also or are these 4 icons pressure driven as they tell you in the on line owners manual to "press" these? I was wondering if they are sensor driven (moisture on your skin).

6. etherguy

etherguy Active Member

I had a very similar issue with the home button that got progressivly worse. To the point it did nothing when I pressed it. I had never rebooted the phone since I got it.. over 20 days prior... rebooting brought it back to it's normal responsive self.

7. wiscmike

Next question and please bear with me how do you reboot it? I hope this works once I find out how.

8. etherguy

etherguy Active Member

hold down the hang up / power button ( the one to the right of the track ball ) it will come up with a menu... turn off phone should be the first one. Once it powers off... push the button again to turn it back on.

9. blitersety

blitersety Member

long press the red end call button, this will give you a few different options, including the option to shut down the phone. Then after it has shut down, turn it back on, and viola, you have rebooted.

10. wiscmike

To also etherguy (sorry I pressed tip this instead of reply)

Thanks, at least I know how to reboot. Same ole thing with the home icon. Have to press it 3-4x before responding. I hate to take it back for that, I use the back button much more anyways than the home button but it is nice to have it work properly too. Thanks again, Mike