My homescreen background no longer scrolls??General

1. amador331

amador331 New Member

I had a Galaxy s2 skyrocket for a few months now and you know how there are two options when setting a homescreen? One is a static background and the other is a background that moves with you as you scroll through your homescreens. Well, my phone broke a couple of days ago and I got a replacement skyrocket yesterday, only this one does not give me the option to set a scrolling background. Why could this be? Is there any way to fix this? There are also other little changes in the phone, but none bother me as much as this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BKayrac

BKayrac Well-Known Member

it's from the most recent update att pushed, not sure if theres anyway to get it back, never bothered me much
  3. Iamdunne

Iamdunne Well-Known Member

I had read somewhere in the forums to use the app Zedge and it works!
  4. sandeep23

sandeep23 Member

It really sucks i miss the scrolling wallpaper feature which is disabled in the latest Samsung stock update :(

i tired with Zedge app but it did not work (not sure i did it the right way)...hopefully they fix it in the future update
  5. Iamdunne

It works for me. I am not saving the wallpaper to my gallery, I am clicking a wallpaper I like then in lower left hit "set "
  6. sandeep23

sandeep23 Member

it's asking me to download before i can set it, what version of Zedge you have installed (i have Zedge 3.0.3)
  7. Iamdunne

Same version, sorry I usually go back to the ones I have already downloaded and then it just says set on lower left, but yes you would first hit "free" where it downloads it, then "set ".
  8. TgeekB

TgeekB Well-Known Member

Even when I go back to the ones I downloaded and hit "set", it does not work, but no big deal really.
  9. sandeep23

sandeep23 Member

nope not working for me :( i am trying new and old downloaded wallpapers but its not working.
  10. Havoc0504

Havoc0504 New Member

Is there any way to go back to the original version without the update? My phone is doing this too, and while it might not seem like a big deal to some of you, it is a big deal to those of us who have purchased live wallpapers that rely on the screen panning in order to function to their full ability. Even just recently I purchased the Avengers live wallpaper and it doesn't work correctly because of this problem. Would a factory reset wipe the update off?
  11. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

Same issue here and just as pissed off.

I would also like to know, why this doesn't effect my wife's GSII (2.3.6 also)... but, does effect my Skyrocket?
  12. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect mine either. Wallpapers scroll just fine.
    (my t-mobile s2 was already updated when I bought it, though).
  13. jdCaptivate

No, a factory reset will not fix the problem. You will still be running 2.3.6. The only way to fix this crap, is to root and roll back. I grew tired of rooting, flashing after the Captivate. I know I tried every legit ROM package on XDA, settled on Serendipity final ver, before I got rid of the phone and the real urge to flash. I'm patient enough to wait for the official release (up to now and some more, that is). Though, I'll probably root again. When 2.3.6 came out and I had the GSII, my rooted phone updated just fine AND was still rooted afterwards.

Factory reset screwed that, though. About the only thing it did.
  14. jdCaptivate

I just got the phone yesterday. Honestly haven't paid much attention to the wallpaper, while I've been setting it up. But, I'd bet my life on it... that @#$% was scrolling yesterday... and I haven't installed ANY updates.
  15. sleedeane

And to those that really can't live w/o scrolling wallpaper, use a launcher. Better than tw all the way around anyway IMO.
  16. jdCaptivate

Any opinions on the GO Launcher?
  17. sleedeane

thats what I have always used. Awesome, flawless.
    (make sure it's GoLauncherEx)
    jdCaptivate likes this.
  18. jdCaptivate

That's the one. Pretty sweet, I must say!
  19. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused (still newish to Android). What is this scrolling wallpaper option?

Are you saying when one moves from home screen to home screen, the wallpaper should move? Or is everyone else talking about something else?
  20. sleedeane

You got it right. The wallpaper covers however many homescreens you have so that when you go from screen to screen you see different segments of the wallpaper. As opposed to dragging the one (entire) picture with you and it always looks the same.
  21. mrtrojna

mrtrojna New Member

I just noticed this and I'm so pissed off. And it happened to both my wife and mine, which we updated like 2 weeks ago (2.6.35.11).
  22. flier21

flier21 New Member

Yea samsung needs to undo they're latest update cause the phong has gotten worse. I liked the scrolling background also!
  23. sandeep23

sandeep23 Member

I am using the GoLauncherEx application but when i am selecting the Wallpaper to Default Mode (the wallpaper scrolls) wallpaper Zoom in, is any one else is facing the same issue?
  24. libertytoday

libertytoday Member

Same has happened to my S2 galaxy just recently. No options or nothing to turn if back on. However when you go to set wallpaper it gives you the Blue guide lines still. Really annoying, I like the scrolling