My Honest review of the IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First off, mods feel free to move this or do whatever you think will help people the most.

So i received my phone on june 10th. A Little over a week ago. I can honestly say i am nothing but impressed with this phone.

If you are like me and purchased an incredible, or are thinking about it, and started looking at the forums online and the problems others were having, some minute, some big issues, do not be scared away. Remember these issues are from a minority of people and not everyone is experiencing them.

I was worried about battery life, so i bought the sedio 1750 mAh battery. This thing is great, and probably the best accessory you can buy for the phone. My current numbers are:
    Up time: 31:54:06
    Awake Time: 2:48:00
    Battery level: one bar under half power
    Time off charger: 1d 1h 10m 4s

So this battery will get me through around 2 days, and this will only be its 6th full charge cycle. I have noticed great performance increase in the battery over the last week. Really you shouldn't expect more than this. With the snapdragon, its multitasking abilities, the 8MP camera, and every other feature on this phone this amount of battery life is more than reasonable. I am actually surprised it is this good.

I have no issues with call quality, either with people hearing me, or me hearing them. Signal strength is always low, 85-100 dB, but doesn't bother me because the phone always works. Never dropped a call, and only a few texts didn't send, but verizon's service isnt that great in my house and never has been.

HTC's software is, has been, and always will be the best for text messaging. Even if you are skeptical about the on screen keyboard, it is really easy to use thanks to HTC. Really is second to none, and was on my last HTC phone almost 3 years ago as well.

Only problem i have had was the messaging app force closing once/going really slow when i delete the text message thread from my girlfriend with over 450 texts in it. I guess it wasnt meant to handle this many messages, it definitely slows down when i go to read a text and the thread has around 300 messages in it, this is where i start clearing them out and it seems to help.

Other than this my phone has truly been incredible. Love mobile web, almost everything this phone does is amazing. If you are still contemplating buying this phone, i would highly suggest it. It is a great device and definitely pushes the envelope for other companies to step up their game.

Thanks for reading. I tried to make this as structured and easy to read as possible. I hope this helped.

Advertisement
    cosmicreality likes this.
  2. elrabin

elrabin Well-Known Member

welcome to the club.

Glad you're liking your new shiny toy.

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Why didn't you buy an iphone ;) JK!!!one

yeah I like mine too but even with the 1750 I'm not seeing those numbers, I play with it to much....and yes yes you can "my mom told me the same thing" or whatever joke you want to make out of it.

Love the phone, welcome to the club and where is 2.2!!

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

good to hear a nice honest review of someone liking it. people who shy away from this phone don't realize that people who are enjoying this phone wont really post but people with problems will post so thats why it seems that their are problems with this phone.... but i agree its great i love the htc keyboard and sense its soo much prettier than stock android

5. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

Love my Dinc too. Got the same day as OP.

6. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Incredible! I absolutely LOVE mine!

7. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

You should try Swype! I think it is much better than the stock keyboard (unless you're one of those crazy people that type 100WPM two finger tapping) :p

P.S. I agree with you, this phone is Incredible! I'm glad I didn't go for any other phone~

8. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i love mine too!!!!!!1!!!!

9. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member

It is a great phone and makes web browsing on a mobile device fun again.

10. tbdaly

tbdaly Well-Known Member

Hands down best app, a lot more accurate then regular typing.

11. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Firstly, we don't need your permission to move this thread. ;) Secondly, I don't see any reason to move it. :) WELCOME TO THE INCREDIBLE PARTY!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :) :)

12. vandeec5

vandeec5 Well-Known Member

I am a hardcore blackberry lover and have been using it for the past 3 yrs UNTIL I went into the verizon store this week and started messing with the Incredible. I spent 30 minutes messing with the phone and wouldnt let anyone else look at it :) I fell in love with this phone! Now I begin to think, I pay all of this money per month for data when I am not really using it to my full potential. All my BB can do is check emails, FB, and browse the internet with a crappy browser.

After I was done playing with the phone, I walked out a happy man because I pre-ordered my Incredible. :)

13. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

i came from a samsung omnia so how could i not like it? I have had a hand in 4 other people buying this or an EVO and they all love them too!

14. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Obviously you don't have any battery issues since you are barely using the phone.

The phone is great but eats through batteries like crazy. (when in use)

15. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Nice review! Welcome "home" and it's gresat to see these types of threads pop up!

16. gmaellex01

gmaellex01 Well-Known Member

Everybody likes this phone. It is the best. It is a normal phone for normal people and manly men.

17. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

"I pay all of this money per month for data when I am not really using it to my full potential. All my BB can do is check emails, FB, and browse the internet with a crappy browser."

You know, this is a really great point.

18. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"! :D

19. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Yes, unlike the Moto X or Evo, it's actually phone-sized. You can hold, it's fits in a pocket.

If only HTC/Verizon hadn't cheaped out on the battery (it should have been 1.5 aH minimum, if not the 1.75 aH).

20. younca4

younca4 Member

Welcome to the Incredible family!! I can't stop playing with mine and learn new things everyday

21. rphusker

rphusker Member

+1

22. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

It's not as fast. The auto correct when using stock keyboard allows me to type as fast if not faster. Plus, the stock keyboard has the speech to text microphone button.

23. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Yeah agree its nice to see someone talking positively about the phone. I love it and the Motorola x and Droid 2 don't intimidate me at all. I love sense, I love everything about my phone. I'm happy for a long time with this phone.

24. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, whoever said that about not posting because you DO enjoy it is right! I'm coming from a Moto flip and as such this is my first smartphone.

It's like having my PC with me at all times! It may not help for my memory cuz before when I was trying to think of something I had to think and think, now I pop it out and look it up!

Reception wise it is as good or better than my flip phone, and simpler phones are said to have better reception because they have more room for antenna and radio, so no complaints there.

Battery wise it has been good to great. With a phone that can do this much, you're not going to get 3-4 days like I could with my old phone. Think of it like this, will your laptop get 2 days? Mine will only get around 4-6 hours, and that's if I'm not using it alot.

BTW, I found a new trick on battery charging besides doing the unplug/plug until the light goes green again. I got the Seido 1750 but also purchased the stand alone battery charger (the one where you snap the battery into it and plug it into the wall). When I use this charger to charge either battery (stock or 1750) I see a significantly longer uptime. I think this is because it does not have the bug like the phones where they don't fully charge to 100%. Even doing the unplug/replug trick doesn't yield as much of a gain as plugging it into this charger.

Got a little long winded there but only because of my enthusiasm for this device!:)

25. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just figured i would brighten some peoples days, as most of the things posted on any forum, here, verizon, or htc are all issues or complaints that people have with the phone. I am not a power user, but i do text a lot and can actually manage to use the internet/email functions of this phone.

Hope everyone is enjoying their phone and continues to for many years to come.

vzwuser76 likes this.