My hopesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

Seeing as the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be dropping soon and Sprint is going LTE I hope the Galaxy S3 will come to boost! I love the S2 but I want to have all of the family of S's,what are your thoughts and opinions?

Advertisement
  2. jaman29

jaman29 Well-Known Member

The s3 is a good phone but I'm perfectly happy with the s2. Its been out longer and is just a great device. I wouldn't even call it a ”mid range device". It's a great phone. I'm looking more forward to the evo 4g lte coming to boost soon. I love HTC but I may not even switch. The s2 is a great phone. I would be happy with any of the Galaxy S devices.
  3. Madroxide

Madroxide Well-Known Member

I work at a Boost store and from what I have heard is that we will be getting the S3 and maybe the Note in Q2. I just hope it follows through.
    AprilThe20th likes this.
  4. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

I am quite happy with my s2 and don't see myself needing to get another phone anytime soon, though when I do, it will most likely be a Galaxy S3 (I love me some Samsung).
  5. munguse

munguse Well-Known Member

I have WiMax coverage all over town so sticking with the S2 until Sprint rolls out LTE here in Sacramento. They're already testing it in Santa Rosa/Petaluma and down the road in Fairfield/Vallejo so should be here soon hopefully.
  6. jaman29

jaman29 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm in Sacramento as well. Hope we get LTE soon.
  7. Infirno77

Infirno77 Well-Known Member

No wimax in lower Alabama, seen none anywhere near me. Whaaaa. :( lol
  8. AprilThe20th

Is it the note 1or 2?
  9. jackbquick123

jackbquick123 Well-Known Member

I think that the only way I would switch phones now would be a lte 4g phone.I know the coverage just isn't there but will be one day. I am with code,, I would switch for the sg3 cos I love Samsung too.
  10. Madroxide

No wimax in northern Alabama either.
  11. Madroxide

AprilThe20th likes this.
  12. AprilThe20th

Well I'm going for the S3
  13. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

No WiMAX in eastern Tennessee
  14. jackbquick123

jackbquick123 Well-Known Member

I have to drive almost to the south Carolina state line to get 4g . I have never tried it so far but maybe one day lol .
  15. Dannynica

Dannynica Well-Known Member

I am very happy with my s2 here in newyork city. Doing the math, i expect to have this phone for 3 years at least to see the benefit of paying a cheaper bill considering the monthly payment plus the amount of the phone divided my 36
  16. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

My regional rep has dropped hints that we'll be seeing LTE within the next 3 months.

Likely the first one to Boost will be the HTC Kingdom II. Which is technically the upgrade of the Evo Design.

Probably in the third quarter of the year we'll see the S3 but I can hope for sooner...
    Madroxide likes this.
  17. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

No WiMax here in Louisville, Kentucky either.... Maybe over in Indiana? I'll try next time I go visit my parents.
  18. Madroxide

According to a boost rep if you don't already have wimax you won't be getting wimax. So for those of us who were told we would be getting wimax boost lied.
  19. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

WiMAX will not be expanded. They are doing nothing more in terms of expansion for that.
    They are just maintaining it until 2015.

We are going to get the LTE phones on March 7th unless there is a delay. The One SV and some random ZTE model will be on Boost. Some Samsung model on Virgin (Forgot the names, sorry).

Though it's about time. We are late to the playing field. It seems like Sprint is being flaky with its support of us now that they have their own pay go.

*Sighs*
  20. Madroxide

Yeah. Just would have been nice to know before I got this wonderful phone. I would have still got it but the fact I've been told over and over that wimax was still being built kinda makes me mad.
  21. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Ya 4g is.spotty. I get it in Orlando and Tampa, but I live in cocoa beach. :/ 3g or WiFi for me
  22. albanymike

albanymike Well-Known Member

Funny says no 4 g here in Albany, but theres 3 towers and my apt. is right in the way!
    I love Samsung, but would like to try the LG one with 15 megapixels. Most likely the s 3 or note.love boost 40 plus 5 insurance 3.59 tax.
  23. HiredxGunz

HiredxGunz Guest

I fail to understand why Sprint would buy the rest of Clearwire if they're just going to dump WiMax in 2 years? The least they could do is put it to use and expand it to a few more cities for its sub-carriers.
  24. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

They bought it to get the frequency bandwidth to have for another use most likely.
  25. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

+1