• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Horrid EVO Number 4 Adventure. Sprint and Radio Shack Try To Screw Me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprint did not Brick your phone... stop using that term. It is bothering me for some reason but your phone was still usable albeit with issues that should not exist. It is your absolute right to return things that do not meet your standards but stop making the problem seem worse than it was. As I have said before a bricked phone will not even turn on and is therefore only useful as a brick.

And you know this for a fact? You tried to make and answer calls on my phone?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

After several days the entire LCD panel went out so the phone would power on but you could not make or receive calls because there was nothing to key on. This is why Sprint issued a bill refund because the service could not be accessed from the broken phone. They didn't issue a credit because they felt sorry for me.

Upvote 0
And what was wrong with the other 2 phones that you had to return? Did it vibrate too loud? I get annoyed at people whining about their 4th phone replacement, when some of us have been waiting for weeks to get our 1st one.

Phone number one had the screen lifting off and phone number 2 had the bottom 4 function keys staying illuminated in sleep mode hence killing the battery. If HTC didn't make junk I would still have phone #1

Upvote 0
After several days the entire LCD panel went out so the phone would power on but you could not make or receive calls because there was nothing to key on. This is why Sprint issued a bill refund because the service could not be accessed from the broken phone. They didn't issue it because they felt sorry for me.

I just can't buy it anymore BetterMost. I wanted to but it is just too much. Your excuses have excuses. You have an answer for everything but when I go back and look at all of your posts they just don't add up. You will find fault with this phone as well and start threads on those problems and it just will never end will it?

Upvote 0
I just can't buy it anymore BetterMost. I wanted to but it is just too much. Your excuses have excuses. You have an answer for everything but when I go back and look at all of your posts they just don't add up. You will find fault with this phone as well and start threads on those problems and it just will never end will it?

Again do I look like I care what you think? No one forced you to read or hijack this thread you choose to do it on your own.

Upvote 0
Again do I look like I care what you think? No one forced you to read or hijack this thread you choose to do it on your own.
You appear to care very much actually. No one hijacked your thread but you are correct you did not force me to read this thread nor comment on anything in it. I decided to read it because I am familiar with you and the problems you have had. And then i read about the bricking and I remember the threads in which that was not necessarily the case. I felt compelled to call you out on it. Plain and simple. It also called into question alot of your past posts. There isn't anything to hijack in this thread anyway. It is you venting about how you feel about your apparent struggle with Sprint and Radioshack... Totally your right to do but you are like the Boy Who Cried Wolf. Mods this thread has gone as far as it can.

Upvote 0
Regardless of how you feel about the OP, this episode should remind everyone why you should only buy your phone directly from the service provider.

I actually do think RS went out of their way to make this situation right. But lets face it, it is hard enough to get good service from the service providers a lot of the time. Adding another company into the mix is just going to cause issues. Then both companies can point fingers at the other company and say "It's not our problem, it's their problem" and then you just go round and round without any resolution.

Always buy from the service provider. I would even go a step further and tell you to only buy from company stores, but that is just me.

Of course I am sure there will be unique circumstance where you just cannot by from a company store. But make every effort to do so before buying from somewhere else. It just isn't worth the potential hassle.

Upvote 0
Regardless of how you feel about the OP, this episode should remind everyone why you should only buy your phone directly from the service provider.
I actually do think RS went out of their way to make this situation right. But lets face it, it is hard enough to get good service from the service providers a lot of the time. Adding another company into the mix is just going to cause issues. Then both companies can point fingers at the other company and say "It's not our problem, it's their problem" and then you just go round and round without any resolution.
Always buy from the service provider. I would even go a step further and tell you to only buy from company stores, but that is just me.

Of course I am sure there will be unique circumstance where you just cannot by from a company store. But make every effort to do so before buying from somewhere else. It just isn't worth the potential hassle.

I agree with this 100 percent. The problem comes in so many different areas when going to a reseller including different computer systems, employee goals (I.e. What do they make commission off of), corporate culture, etc. They have to put rules in place and unfortunately sometimes people all into these miserable cracks that make banging their head against the wall seem like the more attractive of the options. Most people go to Radioshack and Best Buy though because of the long wait for Mail in Rebates so I get why they do it for sure.

Upvote 0

After the 30 days are up then who's phone is it? Who issues the warranty replacements? Radio Shack is saying this isn't our phone its Sprint's and they said they never should have exchanged "our" phone its now Sprints, but in the end it IS INDEED SPRINTS PHONE no matter who you purchased it from. Radio Shack isn't going to replace the phone once its out of its 30 days Sprint is. The defective phone is going to go back to whom? SPRINT no matter who sold it. This is where radio Shack is wrong. Radio Shack isn't going to send it out for repair to be resold in a Radio Shack store they are going to ship it back to Sprint for a store credit. So why should Radio Shack even care that Sprint swapped it out. The 30 day exchange policy is Sprints not Radio Shacks anyway. Thats in the Sprint contract.

Upvote 0
OP why even post this thread this is completely useless. You got your replacement so shut the fxck up now. no reason to keep wasting everyones time. Some poeple are picker then others when it comes to their electronics and there is nothing wrong with that but i don't understand why you needed to post anything here at all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones