"My HTC" driver issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator This Topic's Starter

OK, I pulled the trigger and got a Hero since it is supposed to sync with Outlook but am having a problem, Vista 64 tells me it can't load the driver files for "My HTC". This prevents HTC Sync from seeing the phone, so no sync. I have tried all the solutions I could find, here and other forums as well but nothing seems to work. If I can't sync with Outlook I may very well be returning the phone.

Advertisement
  2. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

3. SamuraiBigEd

Thanks n0gik, I'll give that a try. I did the save as csv, then import into g-mail, then to phone, but that process is going to suck since I am constantly adding to my contacts (this is my business phone).

Did get a response from HTC saying they do not support Vista 64.

4. SamuraiBigEd

OK, been trying the workaround and it does not work.

Also, HTC tells me they don't support Vista 64, but the drivers are listed as Vista 64...what gives?

5. SamuraiBigEd

Great, now since trying the workaround my system gives me a non-stop "USB Device Not Recognized" alert along with the connect/disconnect beep, it is driving me up the wall. Nothing I have tried seems to have any affect, unloading/reloading, updating drivers, rebooting (this stops it for about ten minutes, then it kicks back up), disconnecting and reconnecting all USB devices, nothing works! The phone is not connected to the system, all other USB devices show up in the device manager tree, but it shows "unrecognized device" and keeps refreshing the tree.

I am setting up a Windows 7 64 bit system to replace this one and WILL NOT be connecting the Hero to it till I am assured HTC has all issues fixed!

6. MSts

MSts New Member

Hi all,

I am also having trouble with "my HTC". I tried to install and uninstall both the driver and HTC sync several times, USB debugging and all that, but I just can't figure out how to make that driver work so that my PC can recognize the phone.

I know the problem is in the PC because I can syncronize the phone it in other PCs...

Can anybody help me out from this annoying situation?

7. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Download PDAnet from the market and also install PDAnet on your pc, then you will get the correct drivers installed