• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My HTC EVO 4G LTE's screen is frozen n doesn't respond to anything...

A

Android Question

My phone was charging off my laptop with a mini USB/ USB cable connection n when i removed the USB from my laptop the screen froze completely, the light indicating is currently taking a charge didn't turn off either, but nothing responds. The touchsrcreen doesn't register as well as any of the exterior buttons... do I have any other means of restarting it or resolving the unresponsiveness or am i gonna have to wait it out till the current power charge expires itself and hope for the best?

Try pulling the battery out and letting it sit for 2-3 mins then restarting it.

Right play, but that phone doesn't have a removable battery. It does have a recovery procedure.

Try holding down the power button for a good 10 seconds.

After about half that time, the button lights will start blinking, then it will power down and turn back on - once in a while, you'll need to turn it back on separately, give it a minute (60 seconds) first though.

That does the exact same thing as a battery pull (actually, forces all the silicon to a known state) - and won't lose you any data.

I had that happen with my wife's Evo 4G LTE several times in a row - and then a few days later to mine.

I narrowed it down to one of our charger cables going wonky. Replaced that cable and never saw the problem again.

Exact same thing fixed my buddies Evo 4G LTE as well.

If it persists, think about replacing that cable.

If it doesn't happen again, I'd write it off as just some glitch.

PS - the recovery procedure varies by model on phones with fixed batteries - but for an HTC, it's 10 seconds on the power button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones