My HTC Evo and Facebook, errorSupport

Last Updated:

1. ytbt266

ytbt266 New Member This Topic's Starter

Checked the recommended threads when I started to post this, didn't see anything similar...

My Facebook app on my HTC Evo was working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly I started getting this error message:

"Cannot retrieve the notifications. Please try again later. [601/Parser Error: Unexpected "-" at position 64.]"

Any suggestions for a fix? I've tried logging out and back in, and I can't figure out how to reinstall the app (uninstall option isn't available on the app settings screen).

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

I've been getting errors a lot today, and randomly prior to today. I think it's just some kinks on the FB app?

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Maybe try uninstalling and re-download the facebook app

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I never use the facebook application.... whether it be that horrid hodge podge one that HTC put on the phone labeled as, 'friend stream', or the official one. They both suck, and never update or recognize anything. I sent a few friend requests when I made my facebook crap up a month ago, and tried doing it all through my phone... not one person got the invites or whatever they're called. Also, searching for the names, half the time I'd have to re-search the exact same name 5 or 6 times and get different results every time.... I just said screw it at that point and realized that any social application for it was a lost cause. The mobile site's not BAD... but that's why we have Dolphin to allow for the desktop version. MUCH better than any of the half-assed applications.

5. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I was having the same error earlier. Restart the phone and see if that helps. It cleared mine up.

6. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

nothing similar??
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-sup...-facebook-widget-wont-update.html#post1477294

its all over this forum...

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Its a Facebook issue. Gfs iPhone is doing it friends on T-Mobile its very widespread and has been posted numerous rimes here and on facebooks developer page