My HTC Incredible, different :|

1. umermariner

umermariner Member

Hello guys,

I just bought this HTC Incredible, few days ago, and its rooted (CyanogenMod). I upgraded from Eris, but miss a few functions. I am wondering, if these functions/ layout differences are due to CyanogenMod or they were in Incredible to begin with. I mean, my increadible does not look anything like HTC Droid Incredible Review - Interface and Functionality - Phone Arena... I am talking about UI. The interface in the link above is exactly same as my Eris.

The things I miss are

1. It does not have Compact QWERTY keyboard.
    2. As soon as you start entering numbers on the keypad, it does not pop up contacts/ or numbers from the call log.
    3. The weather and time widget is also missing (although, I can live without that).

I will appreciate any answers. I do not really have access to another incredible right now, otherwise; it would have been a lot easier.

Thanks again.

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Those are sense features(for the most part, you can find equivalents in the market), you will not have them on cyanogen(aosp rom), load a sense rom and you will have them back.

http://theincrediblelist.com/
  3. umermariner

umermariner Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... what would you suggest? I like a lot of the functionalities... however, I would love to have the Compact QWERTY keyboard, and search thingi built into the keypad... Are there applications for both of these? if yes, can you please guide me towards good one?
    Once again, really appreciate your help.
    Thanks
  4. scottysize

scottysize Member

5. DrHack

DrHack Member

I use Virtuous. It's pretty much like stock and has all of the features that you're asking about.
  6. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

The stock Inc has all 3 of those features. CM does not.
    1. Not sure if there's one in the market as I use Swype
    2. I used Dialer One (free) for this functionality as I couldn't be without it either
    3. Fancy Widget is a great replacement for this (there is both free and paid versions)
  7. umermariner

umermariner Member

Installing a new ROM would not be the thing for me at this time :(. However, what do you guys think about HTC IME? Heard a lot about it, and thinking about installing it. I think the latest version is 2.0, do I have to look into a different version bcz I have Android 2.2 and CyanogenMod?

I will appreciate your response. I have been looking all over to find out an HTC IME that is specifically for Incredible with CyanogenMod, but couldnt find anything :(