• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my HTC One m9 won't ring or give notification sounds

I just got back from overseas and had my phone in airplane mode for 10 days. Now it won't ring or notify with sound. It vibrates, but nothing else. When I test the ringtone, it sounds, but won't correspond with incoming calls. The notification sounds won't even test! Help!

I just got back from overseas and had my phone in airplane mode for 10 days. Now it won't ring or notify with sound. It vibrates, but nothing else. When I test the ringtone, it sounds, but won't correspond with incoming calls. The notification sounds won't even test! Help!

1. Is the phone with original software?
2. Did you try restarting the phone?
3. Did you try to clear the cache from the phone settings?
4. Did you try to clear cache + dalvik cache from recovery mode?

Upvote 0
I had some wierd situation before with my M9 and it was about the HTC Boom Sound. What I did was, wipe the phone and then everything was okay. Did you try factory reset?

If I was on your place and I am in a rush to fix the issue, I would just backup my phone, wipe it, do a fresh install and before I recover the backup, I'll test if the issue is still there. If issue is gone, I restore my data and all is good. If not, we will dig and find the reason for it. Hope i manged to help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones