1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

My ideal twitter app

Last Updated:

1. mrphy42

mrphy42 Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 11, 2010
    I have tried twitter app after twitter app and they all have features I love (and are all missing a few features i want desperately), so here is my ideal.

1. The big and easy to read, full scrolling widget of my native twitter app on my HTC EVO.

2. A reply and tweet button or (even better) always open/easy to hide text area for posting tweets. (Meaning I don't have to hit the menu button to open it).

3. The ability to filter the tweets in my feed by user. I follow some people like family, or news feeds that are fine when I am sitting at my PC, but on the go, I would like to narrow it down to those I really care to see on a regular basis.

4. Retweet w/comment.

5. Automatic link shortening.

I am sure there are a few small details I could add, but if I had a twitter app that had all of this, I would never stray.

2. Tiddy

Tiddy Active Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I can recommend Twicca as a compromise, does everything I want. Or Seesmic is good, API is slower tho
  3. ladyc0524

ladyc0524 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I just switched back to Twicca..love the additional colors they added and also the light theme..but I feel the same way as the OP..I've been through practically all of the twitter apps and just can't seem to find one to stick with.