My impressions of the Nexus 4, ask anythingGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-11-30 04:37:00
  1. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

Ew, that's the name of my ex... (Without the extra a)

Advertisement
  2. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

Surely somebody will get the reference. .. let's see.
  3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Blade Runner!
  4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Have you had anything crash yet? I had settings crash twice when I first got it, probably the first hour, then no problems after that.
  5. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I've had one reboot. It was mentioned with 4.2 by someone in an N7 thread too.
  6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I haven't had any reboots. I've had a couple apps crash, but that is kind of expected with a Nexus and having the latest software. Some developers take a couple weeks to catch up, but other than 2 or 3 apps out of the 90+ on my phone I haven't had any crashes
  7. spriteboost

spriteboost Well-Known Member

how much of your 16gb have you used well i mean 12.5gb or whatever its in the end lol also idk if its been answered did tmobile include any bloatware or did it come like the one from google will? :D
  8. chrlswltrs

I still have 7.7gb left (over 2gb was used just for TDKR game).

Yes, the T-Mobile and Google ones are identical, software and hardware. The only difference is if you get it from T-Mobile it is locked to the T-Mobile network until you get the unlock code from them.
  9. johnmandy

johnmandy Member

Still waiting for my N4, hopefully the next stock in 3 weeks time will bring it.

Just a point on the camera..... i currently have the nexus s, (camera and video recording pretty dire to useless.)
    I just watched my son and his wife get married, and suffered a catastrophic disaster with my camcorder, creating a massive problem for part of the service, as it happened and although they had a professional photographer.. you sometimes grab them special moments for yourself with your phone.
    Now i know its not going to be the same as a digital slr or most other dedicated cameras.... but do the N4 actually take a decent picture and more importantly a decent video recording

john
  10. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

Haven't gotten a chance to mess around with the camera much, but here's a picture taken w/ HDR on.

Edit: Got resized, just going to upload on another service.

[​IMG]

Should be available at full size now.
    Sak01, acp, chrlswltrs and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bob Loblaw1

12. chrlswltrs

????

I know nothing about photography really. What exactly is HDR?
  13. Bob Loblaw1

In Bade Runner there are Androids aka Replicants and Rachael, one of the main characters, is a Nexus-6 model who believes she is human. Hence the whole Android/Nexus tie in.
    chrlswltrs likes this.
  14. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

Haven't seen that movie in awhile but is that the girl that paints her face white and black stripe across her eyes?
  15. Android802

Android802 Active Member

Wow, if this is the kind of pictures that I can expect from my Nexus 4 then I am really excited!!! That picture looks really good
  16. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

No, that's Pris. Rachael is the girl Harrison Ford tests at the corporate hq.
  17. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

So... how is battery life?
  18. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Well-Known Member

Nexus devices never had good cameras. The features their cameras have are always nice but as far as quality...yea. I guess that alone would boost the cost. That's the only thing the Nexus devices are missing every year. I really wish they would have made the camera awesome. And having a phone that has an awesome camera for video recording and pictures and going to one that doesn't but is awesome in every other area is still a tough call.
  19. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

20. tonytouch311

tonytouch311 Well-Known Member

How long is the usb charging cable?!
  21. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

I instantly recognized that intersection. I used to have family there. H&H Bagels...Zabar's...I sooo miss living there.
  22. chrlswltrs

That's what I thought too, but I have seen a few negative comments about them. I personally really like the camera.

3 feet I think

I'll add it to the OP since I've had it a few days now.
    Kelmar likes this.
  23. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Its been a long while since I've seen the movie, I had forgotten that, that's what they were called.
  24. chrlswltrs

Ok, got the movie talk out of the way. Lets please keep this thread on topic for those that have questions about the Nexus 4.

Movie conversation, or anything else is more that welcome here: http://androidforums.com/lounge/643428-nexus-4-watering-hole.html. No topics, just talk about anything in the watering hole thread! :thumbup:
  25. nycnyc

nycnyc Well-Known Member

Here's another pic, this time without HDR.

[​IMG]
    Sak01 and acp like this.