My Incredible ain't so incredible anymore?General

Last Updated:

1. Hipshot

Hipshot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Unbelievable.. protected out the wazoo.. silicone case, screen protector, even a full holster.. never dropped. (really)... ;) And yes insured.

Just did Froyo 2 days ago. Reloaded all my apps and data. Got it back to just the way I wanted it. I'd swear the screen looked better that ever.

If I had any complaints, it was the phone quality still sucked.. and it random rebooted twice. But liveable... until............

I pulled it out of the holster last night... a plain green screen? :eek:

It tried it all ..reboots, battery pulls..etc... Couldn't even bring up the factory reset screen....then during the process.. nothing! the screen went black! Oh you could HEAR it boot but... nothing. There was no denying it. The screen was simply DOA. :mad:

I thought about it. The screen looked better than ever. (Or maybe it was my imagination?). Is it possible Froyo was overdriving the screen till it burnt out something? Who knows...

The good news is Verizon was sympathetic and is overnighting me a new phone. No deductible. I just hope its not lcd.. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to FYI the community..

Hip

Advertisement
  2. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they're replacing it for you, sounds like all the pixels died for some reason. I hope this doesn't happen to mine!

3. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Very odd...I have not noticed the screen looking any different...anyone else?

4. eipee73

eipee73 Well-Known Member

No, mine still looks the same....Maybe the brightness was just turned the whole way up?

5. UT_Longhorn

UT_Longhorn Active Member

I would say the icons look crisper with 2.2, but in general haven't noticed any speed differences in running apps. Same for battery life. I'm not quite sure why people thought the phone reception would be any different since the hardware mostly determines signal strength - software can clean up a poor connection but can't improve the antenna reception strength.
    After upgrading to 2.2 I don't see what all the hype was about; some nice features were added and the LED flashlight was a nice app, but not the major changes all the chatter seemed to be predicting. But I'm still enjoying my Incredible!

6. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Definitely won't be LCD, HTC already confirmed they will keep the AMOLED display for the Incredible.

Vaseline Smith likes this.
  7. Chaoz

Chaoz Banned

Dont blame the phone. You probably broke it.

8. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

DOA = Dead On Arrival. Yours was not.

Vaseline Smith likes this.
  9. Hipshot

Thank you for that update. I feel a bit better now about getting a new one. :D

10. Hipshot

Sorry but I have no reason to lie here. I'm getting a new one under warranty. I put this up just in case others find themselves with this issue. You know ... see if it establishes a pattern. Hopefully it's just a fluke.

But thank you for pointing out the possibility. :rolleyes:

11. Hipshot

Yeah ok. You got me there.. .i guess I shulda just said "D" :rolleyes:

12. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Since the screen was able to display a solid green it is actually most likely something in the graphics pipeline died. Just sounds like standard hardware death, it happens.

Anyways, hopefully the new phone works out well for ya, and you don't suffer withdrawals too badly:)

13. ArmlessRifleman

ArmlessRifleman Well-Known Member

No need for unfounded accusations. It is very possible that the update bricked his specific device. It isn't unheard of and surely isn't impossible.

The last thing we need is an Android Fanboy giving all of the iPhone users an excuse to say "hey you guys follow the shepherd blindly into the slaughterhouse too."