My initial gripes with this phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. hawrai

hawrai Member This Topic's Starter

...speaker volume rather low, very confusing and flaky usb file transfer, also any SD cards it formats - is not readable in either Windows or mac..and finally most annoying, I can't get Gameboid to work

Advertisement
  2. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

If you format the card in teh PC, will it then be usable on both?

What about the ring volume?

3. hawrai

hawrai Member This Topic's Starter

The ringer volume only gets loud on highest setting..any setting less and I personally think its low...especially on own music - pre installed ringtones not too bad.

The usb mass storage was very strange..I have a mac and pc, and neither seemed to recognise the phone initially after trying every setting, then I switched off the phone and restarted while plugged in, and the PC found it - no luck on the mac.

SD card now recognised but if I use card reader I get message "needs formatting" ??

4. cyberazi

cyberazi New Member

dude u have to manually mount the storage from your phone after u plugged into your pc.

5. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

Cards need to be formated on the PC, not the phone.

6. chrisinsocalif

chrisinsocalif Well-Known Member

There is a rumor this will be coming to T-mobile usa sometime this summer. The phone specs and appearance look good to me and thinking about getting one. Reading a number of forums there seems be be a bitterness toward Samsung. Many have stated the build quality and support for Samsung phones are horrible. I had a friend own a couple Samsung phones and says the quality is not good. Does the Samsung Galaxy S have the same poor build quality? I would like to know before purchasing from people who own it. Thanks

7. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

Dont know if this really helps but i currently own a VZW Samsung phone and the build quality sucks hard. it feels cheap. With that said, I have dropped the thing on hardwood floors tile and even cement and it ALWAYS works when i pick it back up. I've had it for two years and with all the drops and throws its just now starting to show wear and tear. I dont know how Samsung does it but any other "cheap" feeling phone would have stopped working by now..