My installation of Epic 2.5 seems to have ruined my phone permanently?

Last Updated:

1. mfunk9786

mfunk9786 New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 30, 2010

I completely understand that this is my fault and I rooted my phone, I took all these steps, and it's not the ROM's fault. I get that going in. I am not looking for lectures.

I am a total n00b to the world of rooting my phone (I used z4 and was able to do a lot of other things one can only do when their phone is rooted, so I felt pretty secure). I was enjoying it quite a bit until I decided to install a ROM. I have a Droid 2 and I used the Bootstrap app along with Rom Manager to backup my phone, bootstrap, mount the /system folder, and install the Epic ROM. Everything seemed to be going just fine until the reboot after the install - I am stuck on the opening 'splash' screen (with the spotlight over the EPIC logo) of the Epic ROM and it doesn't go any further.

Making matters worse, when I do a battery pull and hold X and Power, I am brought into the default Android recovery, not the Clockwork recovery. I have no access to my backup, and when I try to do a factory restore from there, it does not complete it successfully. When I try to installl from (which is the only option it gives me) I am told it cannot access it.

I am trying to just get my phone back to usable condition at this point, is there anything I can do or am I a completely lost cause? I am really freaking out - I realized I could cause problems by rooting, but now I don't know how to get my phone back at all... is it just a brick now, or is there some kind of fix to get back to a usable condition?

Please help!

2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Turn the phone on, do a battery pull as soon as you get past the Moto logo then turn it on again. See if that gets you into bootstrap. If that doesn't work, you need to SBF. There are instructions on how to do that else ware on these forums.
  3. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Had the same problem. Just SBF; make sure you got enough battery.
  4. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    And I am the best
  5. Matt4542

Matt4542 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear this. Looks like you are going to need to sbf :( I'm sorry!