• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My LG G2 running KitKit says there's no software updates.

I'm having a issue with the update as well. What mine is doing is downloading the update, saying reboot and install, making it about 20-25% on the progress bar, stopping for about 15 seconds, reboots and absolutely nothing has changed. The software version remains the same each time and it all repeats a few days later. Been happening for about two weeks now. Sprint, boost, and lg have no answers,they blame the other. Device is not rooted, have done a factory reset with no issues. Manually checking for updates yield no results, it just tries to update when it feels like it. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm having a issue with the update as well. What mine is doing is downloading the update, saying reboot and install, making it about 20-25% on the progress bar, stopping for about 15 seconds, reboots and absolutely nothing has changed. The software version remains the same each time and it all repeats a few days later. Been happening for about two weeks now. Sprint, boost, and lg have no answers,they blame the other. Device is not rooted, have done a factory reset with no issues. Manually checking for updates yield no results, it just tries to update when it feels like it. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Are you updating OTA or WiFi ?
Make sure all your system cache files are cleared, and try the other method (then you are trying now)
Make sure you have plenty of system storage space, the update was 620MB on mine OTA.

Upvote 0
I've downloaded by network and wifi. Neither have worked. Have plenty of storage space as well. What i'm guessing is that I may be missing a file/app that is required to install the update. I was rooted for a time and debloated the device. I had a backup and restored everything before removing root but now I'm not sure everything reinstalled the way it should have. I've done a factory reset but it didn't help either. I'd prefer not to have to reroot, but i'm running out of ideas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones