My LG Motion finally arrived!General

1. Xaviera2010

Xaviera2010 Well-Known Member

Yay so my phone finally arrived (ordered it the 9th from Wirefly).

So far I love it! It's wayyyy faster than my Huawei Ascend.

Only thing I don't like about it so far is that it's so slippery! I've dropped it twice already (on carpet), and I NEVER drop phones. At least that case I bought for it should be here today or tomorrow. Even my Huawei Ascend felt sturdier than this phone......but this is so much faster so I don't care.

So I already installed the Nova launcher for it and I'm looking to delete bloatware now. Is there a list anywhere of bloatware that is safe to uninstall?

Advertisement
    :
  2. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

Unrooted thees an applications manager that you can uninstall alot of the added bloated apps.

Rooted, there's a list in the Motion All things Root forum of apps you can freeze or delete.

http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/
  3. Xaviera2010

I don't plan to root my phone. I don't see the point.

Anyways I know you can delete bloatware in the app manager, but I don't know what's safe, what I need, ect....

Edit: Nevermind, clicked your link XD
  4. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

you can remove everything from build in applications manager.
    I almost fell off my sofa laughing when you compaired Motion to Ascend :)
  5. Xaviera2010

I am in apps manager, but I see no way to remove anything. Only disable and force close. Is that what you mean?

And yeah, Ascend is my "old" phone lol.
  6. Xaviera2010

For this phone, is the charger USB port thingy suppose to be opened and exposed?

Just making sure something didn't fall or break off my phone. All phones I've ever had have a piece of plastic protecting that part.
  7. unnamedny

its always open, your phone is fine. My phone takes a beating everyday and it still works well.

Once you disable it, it's removed, it does not run, its like "freeze" in tinanium back up.
    Xaviera2010 likes this.
  8. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

Ive deleted it on mine, but there's and applications manager on first page(i think) after you click the applications drawer button. It allows you to delete a few of the extra apps
    Xaviera2010 likes this.
  9. Xaviera2010

Okay so this is going to sound dumb, but whatever.

This came with my phone, and says I need to insert it to activate my phone.

The SD slot is in the back with the battery, I know, but it won't fit..........I've tried every which way to put it in, and it won't.

What am I doing wrong?

[​IMG]
  10. thats not a sd card its the 4g lte sim card u need to put it in the sim card slot to use your 4g lte
  11. Xaviera2010

See, I knew I'd end up embarrassing myself :laugh:

I had no idea it was behind the battery! My old phone didn't have that slot XD
  12. Xaviera2010

I picked the live wallpaper Falling leaves for the time being, but why do all the leaves disappear off my screen and never come back? Am I suppose to press something to make them appear again?
  13. you seem abit strange but im abit strange myself i like it. go to zedge alot of wallpapers alot.
    Xaviera2010 likes this.
  14. unnamedny

water your phone, put it under direct sun lights. In a few days leafs are going to grow back. how hard can it get? ;-)
    Xaviera2010 likes this.
  15. Xaviera2010

Thank you, I dropped my phone in the toilet and put it in the oven. Close enough, right?

It's buzzing and melting a little, I think that means it's working.
  16. Xaviera2010

Thanks, I had forgotten about Zedge!
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

This thread just made me laugh :rofl:
  18. robertkoa

robertkoa Well-Known Member

19. Xaviera2010