My Library Widget Glitch?Support

Last Updated:

1. Tek20

Tek20 Active Member

I am having an issue with the Play - My Library widget. Magazines do not show their cover at random. Instead I get a blank blue cover on the widget.

Sometimes a reboot fixes and sometimes doing a re-size on the widget fixes it. However, the problem always creeps back up. Anyone else have this issue?

I have no problem within the magazine or book app.

Advertisement
  2. Tek20

Tek20 Active Member

Can an body try this? Seems to happen the most after adding the widget and then a reboot.
  3. Tek20

Tek20 Active Member

Another factory data reset solved the issue.
    Atma likes this.
  4. Tek20

Tek20 Active Member

Update # 2:

The data reset solved the issue MOST of the time (95%). At random after a device restart I am stilling getting blank blue thumbnails on the widget.

A restart after the problem happens seems to fix it.

Anybody else have this issue? Seems to only happen if you have more than the default magazines in your library. Books also seem to be impacted as it uses the same widget.

:mad:
  5. dibblebill

dibblebill Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue- sometimes the covers are simply blank (transparent) rectangles. No clue how to fix, inconsistent over time. It does it to my music and books, too.
  6. mhajii210

mhajii210 Member

I have the exact same problem. Is there anyway to clear the data for the My Library widget? Other than a restart, I have not been able to find a way to fix it. Happens at random to me too always when I first power on the tablet. Definitely an annoying bug.

mhajii210
  7. Tek20

Tek20 Active Member

There was a play magazine update last week. Still the same issue is there. It helps if you wait a few minutes before unlocking the screen after a reboot.

Any other success fixing this?
  8. mikeypr

mikeypr New Member

Every time I reboot the widget becomes transparent and I lose the artwork.

Strange thing is that my cheepo Huawei G300 is perfect.

At least it's not just me. Lets hope there is an update soon.

Not to sort out why I get such an awful signal on O2

Starting to think I made a mistake buying the phone. All my other phones even an ancient Nokia can hold on a signal better than this.
  9. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Erm, the Nexus 10 isn't a phone bud.
  10. mikeypr

mikeypr New Member

Sorry my mistake. Meant for the s3 forum.
  11. mhajii210

mhajii210 Member

Android 4.3 update and still the same glitch! Anyone found a permanent fix?

mhajii210