• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Life - Random guy, you don't know.

myLife

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
My life - The life of a random guy, you don't know.

I'll update daily if possible, with how my day was, random thoughts, etc. Not much o fa blog type though, so don't expect much.

This isn't meant to be an impressive app, it's quite simple. It's meant to be different.

Enjoy.

It's hit or miss with people. You either love the idea, and concept or think it's the dumbest thing in the world. Though, that kind of describes any application. There appears to be an audience for this, and it's quite fun for me as well.

If anyone downloaded it after reading this post, thank you. At 900+ downloads.

There has been a few updates, most notable if I post something new there user is sent a notification that a new post is out there since the last time they viewed the app... Still working a few kinks out on it, but it's working.

Upvote 0
This might actually be quite interesting. I am bought. Downloading now.

Update : Not bad. I like the stuff you wrote. Just a few little comments on your app - No flicking. As soon as you lift your finger off, the scrolling stops. Also, the return button does not work on Galaxy S. Have to press the home button in order to exit.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions snapper, I will look into the scrolling today(I actually noticed it this morning as well). Surely that's simple.

The return button was intentional, but now that I look at it.. I should probably remove it. I am overwriting the button and bringing you back to my main screen.. I'll make sure the return button acts like it should... I think I had an issue where it brought you back to your home screen even if you navigated to another screen in my app, when it should just bring you back one screen within my app. I think it has to do with my stack, which I will work on.

As for the negative comments, I understand not liking the idea of reading about a random guy, but that's the point.. to read about a random person. Either because you just love blogs, feel you can relate, want comic relief, or want to just make fun of someone having a worse day than you. That's the point. My friends don't know about it, and I have purposely kept myself anonymous. As well, I've never blogged before.. so most of my stuff isn't fluffed up, just an average guy venting about things most of us have happen on a daily basis, but can't/don't speak about. For me, it's what I wish I could say on facebook but don't due to the fear of it getting back to work, or upsetting a friend. It's an outlet for me.

It isn't a super complex flashy app, but I do believe it's unique.

Hit 1060 downloads last night, thanks guys!

Upvote 0
I've thought about adding a comment section, but it wouldn't be just automatically loaded. It be more of a submit comment, that sent it to me and i'd approve them.. But I am not sure bout that.

I will try and add the scrolling changes tonight, as well I need to come up with an archive solution for older post so it doesn't become too long to scroll through.

I didn't get to code any last night, since I had to clean.....

Upvote 0
Just wanted to give an update.

Thanks to all that have downloaded it, we are actually over 2500 downloads!

I started a sub project called 'our life', to give users the ability to make submissions to be displayed to others. It's very basic and requires e-mail submissions, but if it becomes popular I plan to make the submission much more streamlined.

Again thanks to those that enjoy it.. to those that don't, that's fine too.. The only ones I don't get are people that give a 1 star review because they don't like.. pretty sure it does exactly what it says it does?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones